Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Words With Friends

Has anyone besides me stopped getting notifications for this game? If so how can i fix this problem? I've found that if i restart my phone the notification shows up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Words With Friends

I stopped getting the updates too. I did a hard reset on my phone and it fixed it. I wonder if uninstalling and reinstalling would have done the same thing.

Thanked by:
    Mr.P. 

This happened to me after upgrading to Jelly Bean. I don't remember if there was an app upgrade as well. Either way, I think we need a bug fix, I don't think it's anything we can resolve.

Longtime Palm and webOS user. Still bummed. But Android is pretty nice.
    Thanked by:
    Mr.P. 

I had the same issue with a few games (this one, songpop, scramble with friends, dice with buddies) after upgrading to Jelly Bean. I found that if I deleted the cache and uninstalled the apps, rebooted then reinstalled them the alerts worked fine.

Strange that I had the issue only with games, but not regular apps like hotmail or facebook.
    Thanked by 2:

Do you retain your current and past games when you do that, or do you lose them?

All your stuff is saved as long as you know your account info.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by freakout311style View Post
    I had the same issue with a few games (this one, songpop, scramble with friends, dice with buddies) after upgrading to Jelly Bean. I found that if I deleted the cache and uninstalled the apps, rebooted then reinstalled them the alerts worked fine.

Strange that I had the issue only with games, but not regular apps like hotmail or facebook.
    Confirming that this worked for me. Notifications are back.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by freakout311style View Post

Thanks for your responses I'm gonna give this a try.

**UPDATE**
    It worked!! Thanks again for the help.

I have a different WWF issue. On my tablet (Trio Stealth) the board is so big that I can't see the entire thing. I can't figure out how to shrink it, it also doesn't scroll in order to see the whole board. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Edger View Post
    I have a different WWF issue. On my tablet (Trio Stealth) the board is so big that I can't see the entire thing. I can't figure out how to shrink it, it also doesn't scroll in order to see the whole board. Any suggestions?
    I would start a new thread with your issue. This is for the Sprint GSIII no longer seeing notifications with WWF.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

I lost notifications, and ended up deleting the app data in the Application Manager. Didn't have to uninstall and reinstall.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.