- 8 Posts
Messed up GoogleTTS.apk
So I used a method I found here on AC for putting Google Now on my GS3 before the Jellybean update came out and it involved replacing a couple of files in order to get it to work properly, one of which being GoogleTTS.apk. Like a fool, I didn't bother to back up the old file before putting the replacement on the device. Now that the JB update has been pushed to my phone I have tried multiple times to install it but every time it gets to a point in the recovery where it shows an error with the TTS file. My guess is it can tell it's not the original file and refuses to contenue the install process.
Is there any way to get the old file back? I tried a factory reset but that didn't get it. Is there either a way to totally reinstall the OS on the phone from scratch or is there somewhere I can just download the file and replace the modified one with?
Thanks for your help, community!
- 11-12-2012, 01:23 PM #2
Re: Messed up GoogleTTS.apk
Here is the Official tar file Un-Rooted and will become the official return to stock file. This will factory reset your device. This is also flashed in desktop Odin and will NOT add to your flash count.Download unzip and flash to your phone using Odin.
[Guide] HOW TO FLASH IN ODIN 3.07
Note: Flashing the PreRooted tar will not install install custom recovery. So after the phone reboots, go back into download mode and flash custom recovery in odin or you can flash it in mobile odin from your phone. Mobile Odin is available in the play store.
You can download CWM Recovery 22.214.171.124
- 11-12-2012, 04:35 PM #4
- 11-12-2012, 04:38 PM #5
- By LCW in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 5Last Post: 01-07-2012, 02:37 PM
- By SLeiber in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 2Last Post: 07-21-2010, 07:26 PM
- By Jordus in forum AndroidCentral.com - Site News, Feedback and HelpReplies: 4Last Post: 06-16-2010, 07:13 PM
- By UTnick in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 06-08-2010, 05:49 PM
- By mannyvigi1985 in forum HTC HeroReplies: 7Last Post: 04-29-2010, 09:40 PM