Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: deleting a home screen - touchwiz crashes

Guys its simple what you have to do is download the nova launcher from the market go to the homescreen set to use it for only this time and then switch back to the touchwiz it should work after that i dont why or how but it does

Turning off the "Developer Options" I could remove the empty pages, without any problems. Thanks for the tip!
    Last edited by XYFINX; 05-01-2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: correcting a mistake
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Seriously? You come in here, don't ask a question, and follow the advice given to someone else, and then complain? Did you try any of the other options first? The advice you're referring to was given to someone who had tried the other options and found they didn't work. And I'm not sure who you think is "Mr. Advisor." Everyone here is just a Samsung user, trying to help other users. There are no official support people here.

As for providing feedback to Samsung, they have a Facebook page that they monitor and respond to questions on, and a tech support option on their web site (the US one, at least).

Finally, so your settings were lost. If it resolved the problem you were having (which you haven't yet described) it's hardly the end of the world, you can rebuilt the screens in probably 15 minutes.

It is the ignorance, self pity and self righteousness that makes "some" people to become suicide bombers!

Thumbs up Re: deleting a home screen - touchwiz crashes

"Figured out if I selected a screen as the home page, then dragged it to the trash, that it would let me delete that empty screen, and would then re-assign any other random screen as home screen. Repeated until all empty screens were gone and I had only the screens left I wished to keep." - thomas91169

This worked for me, that s**t was making me crazy and slowing down my phone. Thank You

Just wanted to say quickly, I was going nuts trying to figure this problem out, turning off dev settings worked fine

Thanx for the heads up.

Great advice man... it workked for my S3... thank you

Disable the developers options--all together-- worked for me THANKS

- - - Updated - - -

Disable the developers options--all together-- worked for me THANKS

I had the same thing a while back. I can't remember what application it was but anyway I went in and disabled alot of stock apps in my phone (well almost all of the applications that had the disable option in the application manager). Well needless to say, one of the applications i disabled was causing this to happen every time I went to delete one of my blank home screens! It was a pain, and took me forever to figure out what was going on! I am sorry that I could not give u the exact application that caused this for me, but at least I can point u in the right direction!

Lightbulb Re: deleting a home screen - touchwiz crashes

Try to change all the animation setting, then place just one empty hone screen beside a not-empty ones near the trash bin. Now try to fling the empty home screen toward the trash bin! It was exactly the way I have done it. Before figured that o, I must experience crash constantly as well. Hope it helps.
    (Galaxy Tab 2.0 JB 4.1.3)

Thank you ! That worked at now everything is fine !

Thank you so much. I got rid of thst error

Quote Originally Posted by msoprano13 View Post
    I keep trying to delete a home screen by hitting menu, edit page and moving the page to the trash. Touchwiz continues to crash by doing this and I can't get rid of the home screens.

Is there another way to do this?

Thank you

Angry Re: deleting a home screen - touchwiz crashes

Did you ever find a solution? I just got my update today on my Sprint Galaxy Note 2 and my home screen keeps crashing.. saying "Unfortunately, TouchWiz home has stopped."

Did you try any of the suggestions already made in this thread?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

YEs atlast IT WORKED thank you so much this was getting anoying

Great. Switching off developer options worked for me.

Thank you XYFINX! Your advice worked perfectly

Thank you! It's great to find someone who knows what works instead of guessing at it. Very much apreciated
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12