Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM
    My own ROM / Stock kernel

Default Sound switching from earbuds to speaker.

It seems I'm having a ton of problems lately....

At first I only experienced this in Zombies, Run! but I'm beginning to think it's something else...

Originally, I was out on a walk and had Zombies, Run! going. All of a sudden the music stopped coming out of the earbuds I had on and went out of the speaker when the in app voice announced I had picked up an item. This was the only time I had experienced the issue at first.

Lately I have been playing Angry Birds Star Wars and have had the audio for it turned off... I decided to listen to music. Plugged in my earbuds and went back to playing... When the second song begins playing, the audio switched from my earbuds to my speaker and I can not figure out why.

I've tried googling, and searching on XDA for advise on this issue but I am coming up empty. Has anyone heard of this happening?

EDIT: I should add that after unplugging/ replugging in my earbuds I don't have the problem again... Same for pausing and playing music.. When I do either of those the music goes through my earbuds again. No idea why

Edit again: With the latest Google Play Music app I loaded a playlist without anything else open. Played the song, fast forwarded to close to the end and let it finish.. The next song played over the speaker... This is beyond frustrating..

EDIT Nov-14: After a complete factory restore to an un rooted state, I have not had the problem... I've rooted and flashed a deodexed rom and some tweaks I've had and no problem... After flashing a new feature.xml with a load of tweaks I've started having this happening again. Once in Google Play Music and have not been able to get it to happen again since then, and a few times in Zombies, Run! Not once while in Angry Birds SW though...

Another edit: Now I am getting this bug every single time with each of the mentioned scenarious... The only difference with my ROM is a 4-in-1 reboot mod.... Guess I'll remove some of my mods and see what happens with the audio.. I've tested out an app called SoundAbout as suggested by someone on AndroidCentral.com, but no success.. :\

UPDATE Nov-14: Stock android.policy.jar and feature.xml still producing the issue. Problem does NOT lie with those files.
    Last edited by Tsudeily; 11-14-2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: More information on my issue.

Default Re: Strange issue with sound...

Try an app named SoundAbout.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM

I just installed that app and set it up.. Unfortunately it did not resolve my problem. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Tsudeily View Post
    I just installed that app and set it up.. Unfortunately it did not resolve my problem. :\
    Might be hardware, an APP, or something else on the MOD that is interfering.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: Sound switching from earbuds to speaker.

I'm lost on what it is...
    I have flashed a stock unrooted jellybean rom and the problem persists... On ICS it does not.. on CM10 it does not...

I tried calling Sprint today to get a new device... They said they could send me a new one and transfered me to someone who said "oh, no we can't send you a new one.. You need to go to a Sprint store." So I went to the sprint store that gave me this replacement unit.. They said "oh we can only give out one replacement. You need to call Samsung." Samsung told me they don't replace phones, but they do repair them... So they expect me to send my phone out to them leaving me with nothing... I want to stab all of them right now.

I'm having the same problem after the update to 4.1.1 grr
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM

So far I have only figured out that if the headphones are plugged in when the device reboots there will be no issues... UNLESS you unplug them.. :\