Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Default Re: WiFi tether for JellyBean is here.... Confirmed.....

just got my new samsung galaxy s3 and this is awesome...works like a charm on first attempt. i even went back and enabled encryption once i knew the basic setup worked...and voila i have secure wi-fi tethering. thank you for this!

Quote Originally Posted by jpearley02 View Post
    just got my new samsung galaxy s3 and this is awesome...works like a charm on first attempt. i even went back and enabled encryption once i knew the basic setup worked...and voila i have secure wi-fi tethering. thank you for this!
    On Sprint?
    Samsung Galaxy S3 rooted with stock ROM
    Asus/Google Nexus 7 FHD (2nd Gen.) 32GB

ROM
    Wicked JB V1.2/KT747

Quote Originally Posted by TigerDave View Post
    On Sprint?
    I have it working on Sprint

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Devices:

Galaxy S3 Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 1.2/kt747 TW JB Kernal
    Xoom FE rooted... need modding bad!!! Damn Moto!

My WIFI tether works on a Sprint Galaxy S3, thanks to Skunkape60 and everyone else here. My problem is my wifi is disconnecting every 15 minutes. Its getting old having to reconnect it so often. Its always around the 14-15 minute mark. Has anyone seen this happen? if so is there a fix?

Thanks bro worked gret with Samsung Note2

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Was told this is working with JellyBean. Of course you will need to be rooted. I chose Galaxy S3 and this post was made from my work computer tethered to my JellyBean powered GS3. Give it a try and let me know if you like it.

Updated link to newest version version on 12/01/2012

Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey184 View Post
    My WIFI tether works on a Sprint Galaxy S3, thanks to Skunkape60 and everyone else here. My problem is my wifi is disconnecting every 15 minutes. Its getting old having to reconnect it so often. Its always around the 14-15 minute mark. Has anyone seen this happen? if so is there a fix?
    I am having similar issues. It works very intermittently. I noticed speeds are slow too. Not always. Just tonight when I'm trying to stream the football game! I miss ICS. I hate you jellybean. big deal, I can lay down in my bed and the screen doesn't annoyingly turn on me. UGH.

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefrenchtoast View Post
    I am having similar issues. It works very intermittently. I noticed speeds are slow too. Not always. Just tonight when I'm trying to stream the football game! I miss ICS. I hate you jellybean. big deal, I can lay down in my bed and the screen doesn't annoyingly turn on me. UGH.
    Streaming a football game on your Sprint connection? You are braver than I sir...there's no way in heaven I could ever do that on Sprint over here in southern NH.

May I ask why?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #109  
    Retired Ambassador

May I ask why?
    If his connection is like mine (no lte) my 3g is so slow I can't even stream music much less video.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

SkunkApe

You show the link as being updated as of Dec 1, but when I click the link & download the file, it says 11/22 & it's not the reloaded version. Is this newer than the reloaded version? I just want to make sure I have the latest. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #111  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by dscatto View Post
    SkunkApe

You show the link as being updated as of Dec 1, but when I click the link & download the file, it says 11/22 & it's not the reloaded version. Is this newer than the reloaded version? I just want to make sure I have the latest. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    The date shown is the date I updated the link. At the time it was the newest version. There is a link in this thread for support. You can follow that link and see if there is a newer version. I will look this evening when I get off work. If I find there is a newer release, I will update the op.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #112  
    Retired Ambassador

The date shown is the date I updated the link. At the time it was the newest version. There is a link in this thread for support. You can follow that link and see if there is a newer version. I will look this evening when I get off work. If I find there is a newer release, I will update the op.
    This is the most recent version. It should have the driver reload. Look in the settings and select driver reload.

If his connection is like mine (no lte) my 3g is so slow I can't even stream music much less video.
    +1...indeed.

I researched and found the fix. Turn off Connection Optimizer

ROM
    stock JB 4.1.1 / root

WiFi tether working for me. No problems. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasazo View Post
    Same problem here. I have to restart to regain the ability to toggle the wifi back on.

GS3
    Flashed - LJ_update_FULL_Odex via ROM Manager
    Installed - WifiTether/TrevE Mod
    Installed - SuperSU (which finally got me tethering)

I can tether with or without encryption, change the SSID, and profile. WIFI is disabled when I close and I cannot toggle it back on. I have tried manually shutting it off prior to tether - same result. Force closing the program does not help. Not sure what I can do to fix this. Anyone have any ideas?
    thanks to all of you who developed this. i too have the same problem. the wifi won't toggle back on after disconnecting tether. i didn't see any answer to this so i was hoping someone found a fix. thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by cb1231 View Post
    thanks to all of you who developed this. i too have the same problem. the wifi won't toggle back on after disconnecting tether. i didn't see any answer to this so i was hoping someone found a fix. thanks again
    Which version of the app are you using - 11/22?

Swyped from my SPH-L710

Version: 3.2-beta2-modv5 ***Synergized*** is what shows but it was what downloaded from link i used on Skunk's update link. i am only mildly techy and need use of explanantions in baby terms. thanks

Yay, I got this to work. But I had to do a few gyrations so I'll share here.

• My GS3 is stock and only rooted with custom recovery. No other changes. (I did NOT change from odex to deodex.)
    • I downloaded WiFi Tether from its and I have "3.3-pre2 ***EXPERIMENTAL***"
      • NOTE: This is NOT version 3.2 which the previous poster has. 3.2 is from August. You want 3.3-pre2 from Nov 26. Go to the downloads page.
    • I set the Device-Profile to "Samsung Galaxy S3"
    • I left Setup-Method at "Auto"
    • I changed the SSID to one with a space in it. That didn't work. It allows spaces, but won't work right with them. With the space, other hosts couldn't even see me. I took out the space and then my SSID could be seen.
    • I found "WiFi-driver reload" checked and "WiFi-driver reload 2" unchecked. I had to check both. Without reload 2, I had to reboot my GS3 in order to get WiFi back after using WiFi Tether. If you can't re-enable normal WiFi after using WiFi Tether, then enable reload 2.
    • I had to check "Send Netd Max Client Cmd", otherwise clients would try to connect but fail.
    • I did NOT enable access control.
    • After everything else was working, I went back and enabled encryption and a passphrase and that works great.

I am very happily able to tether now. I am at home where 3G is slow so I haven't checked throughput in a valid test. I'll post an update if I need any other changes for better throughput.

I am posting this from a Windows 7 box over tethered WiFi while my Moto Xoom is also tethered.
    Thanked by:

mrhankeypank,

well done good sir. my connection speeds are a lot faster so far on the computer. should have no trouble watching the broncos game tomorrow. i'll report back with an update tomorrow on how it's working. testing on netflix and pandora now...

Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey184 View Post
    I researched and found the fix. Turn off Connection Optimizer

Yes sir!!!! Thanks to this thread I'm up and running again. This is the most important app for my phone so this made my day. Thanks
    middlebill likes this.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Working on a T-mobile Galaxy S3. Have Super SU and checked to use the Galaxy s3 device profile.

It allowed me to change the ssid and add encryption as well...

Any chance of this hack making it back to the original program? I bought it before I lost my phone and got a replacement with JB.

Version: 3.2-beta2-modv5 ***Synergized*** from 12/1 link.

I tried the one from market, but it didn't work, so now i'm on the 12/1 link and the wifi tethering works with encryption, and i changed ssid and it works and connects fine. It hasn't disconnected for me or anything of that sort since i installed it, but the problem is the speeds. I have 4g LTE in my area and I did a speedtest from my phone like i always do periodically. Speeds for down/up max are 31 down, and 16 up. when i switched to jellybean, it seems to have fluctuated a bit into 20 down, and 10-14 up. but tethering on ICS produced better speeds. I'm seeing 1.23 Mbps down and 7.67 Mbps with the TrEvE mod wifi tether apk from 12/1. anyone know what the problem might be, and or some help on how to fix it? Thanks in Advance.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Verizon i535
    Device-Profile: Samsung Galaxy S3
    Setup-Method: Auto
    both WiFi-Driver reloads are checked, originally only 2nd one was checked.
    Access-Control: Off
    Routing fix & MSS Clamping checked
    Send Netd Max Client Cmd checked

Just delete the superuser apk in system/apps with any root file explorer.
    Didn't find superuser.apk in the /system/app directory.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #125  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by PolarBear8 View Post
    Didn't find superuser.apk in the /system/app directory.
    What file explorer are you using?
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast