WiFi tether for JellyBean is here.... Confirmed.....

billard412

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
If this is not working you may want to reinstall busybox from the playstore. THEN OPEN AND RUN BUSYBOX.

If you are still having issues please go here for support.

xda-developers

Think your link is broken there skunkape. Oh and btw for anyone having trouble. I was having the same issues. Tried all day then flashed a deodexed version of the stock rom and without changing a single setting it worked first try. Thought i'd throw it out there. (Used the deodexed odin tar located here btw [ROOT][ODIN]*UPDATED*OFFICIAL JELLYBEAN*-Root Without Increasing Flash Count-NO WIPE! - xda-developers)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Think your link is broken there skunkape. Oh and btw for anyone having trouble. I was having the same issues. Tried all day then flashed a deodexed version of the stock rom and without changing a single setting it worked first try. Thought i'd throw it out there. (Used the deodexed odin tar located here btw [ROOT][ODIN]*UPDATED*OFFICIAL JELLYBEAN*-Root Without Increasing Flash Count-NO WIPE! - xda-developers)

Thanks for the heads up on the broken link. It's been fixed...

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Was told this is working with JellyBean. Of course you will need to be rooted. I chose Galaxy S3 and this post was made from my work computer tethered to my JellyBean powered GS3. Give it a try and let me know if you like it.

WiFi Tether

I can confirm working great. I didn't have to change a thing. It worked without changing the Device profile to Galaxy S3 (kept mine on auto) and also the setup method kept on auto. Also you can keep your SSID to AndroidTether which works fine. Make sure that if you already have Wifi Tether that you uninstall your current one completely. I used Rom Toolbox because it was pre-installed with my Rom.

Knightbird

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I cannot get it to work on mine. Sprint Galaxy S3. Rooted Stock OTA JellyBean. I removed and re-installed busy box, then installed wifi-tether. It seems active, and I can see it from mhy laptop. however i cannot connect to it at all. I have changed the profile and method, changed SSID and network. Turned access control on and off.. none of it seems to make a difference.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I cannot get it to work on mine. Sprint Galaxy S3. Rooted Stock OTA JellyBean. I removed and re-installed busy box, then installed wifi-tether. It seems active, and I can see it from mhy laptop. however i cannot connect to it at all. I have changed the profile and method, changed SSID and network. Turned access control on and off.. none of it seems to make a difference.

You need to be on a deodexed rom. Stock rom is odexed. There is a link in the your way to update thread for a deoxed version of the stock rom.

1. Download files and put them on you external or internal sdcard.
2. Wipe cache, wipe dalvik, factory Reset
3. Flash Firmware
4. Flash ROM
5. Reboot

LJ7 Full Odexed Version

LJ7 Full DeOdexed Version

LJ7 Firmware

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the sprint SGSIII rooted with stock JB ROM LJ7 ODEXED

it kept asking me for SU rights over and over and over again even though I have the "dont ask again" clicked...anyone else getting this?

I then uninstalled and reinstalled and now it starts up, but I can't see the SSID from my laptop

Followed your instructions precisely. Doesn't work for me. Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 rooted stock Jelly Bean. :(

same here

I just got pm from someone who was having issues. He was trying to test Wi-Fi tethering while his phone was connected to Wi-Fi.

Just a heads up in case someone else tries this. You can't tether while on Wi-Fi. You must turn off Wi-Fi. You can only tether a 3g or 4g lte signal.

Interesting..so you must start with Wifi off? If it is on, it will turn it off, but forget to turn the wireless 3g/LTE on?

You need to be on a deodexed rom. Stock rom is odexed. ]

are you absolutely certain on this?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the sprint SGSIII rooted with stock JB ROM LJ7 ODEXED

it kept asking me for SU rights over and over and over again even though I have the "dont ask again" clicked...anyone else getting this?

I then uninstalled and reinstalled and now it starts up, but I can't see the SSID from my laptop

same here

Interesting..so you must start with Wifi off? If it is on, it will turn it off, but forget to turn the wireless 3g/LTE on?

are you absolutely certain on this?

According to billard142 it will only work on deodexed rom. I trust him 100%.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Trust me I believe you....I have a lot of faith in billard too....I use his stuff all the time

The reason why i asked for the link is so I can quote it and pick his brain a little bit

Somehow the link didn't show up?

PHIL2577#AC

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Also try installing super su. I had a similar issue with requesting root multiple times when opening apps that require root .I was running alpha 6 aosp on my gs2 @ the time.Grab super su from the market and open and update binaries hope that helps guys .I recently got the gs3 (sprint ) and im rooted, stock and on latest ota (jelly bean) I can confirm this app./method works followed all instructions in OP, disabled encryption set device profile to galaxy s3 and made sure set-up method was set to auto.Huge thanks to whoever found this fix!! I can now share my lightning fast 4g lte connection with my N7 tab and other devices :cool:

mroody12

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a Verizon GS3 running Scott's Jelly Bean ROM, which can be found over at XDA. After installing this APK, tether is back up and running. Speed tests on my laptop came to 19 down and 10 up. Thanks so much for the hard work!

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a Verizon GS3 running Scott's Jelly Bean ROM, which can be found over at XDA. After installing this APK, tether is back up and running. Speed tests on my laptop came to 19 down and 10 up. Thanks so much for the hard work!

do you have a deodexed rom?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
do you have a deodexed rom?

Scott has 4 ROMs for the Verizon 3 are deodexed and 1 is available as odexed or deodexed. So the chances are greater that he is on a deodexed rom.

Could also be that SuperSu is the trick as QBKing has mentioned. I always replace superuser app with SuperSu on every rom I run on my phone...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol