WiFi tether for JellyBean is here.... Confirmed.....

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know what the differences are between the 12/1 version that was posted here and the wifi_tether_v3_3-pre2 that is listed on the official download page?

Same exact file.... No changes made to it.
The date of 12/1 indicate the date I posted the new link. Not the date of the software version.

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
If you go to the thread I linked as a support thread, there is An updated version that fixes the encryption issue.

Updated, but now experiencing different issue. Network shows as "Saved" on my Cyanogen-modded HP Touchpad. Selecting Connect to Network does nothing.

Encryption and Access Control are both disabled.

Device Profile set to Samsung Galaxy S3.
Setup-Method set to Auto.

Version: 3.2-beta2-modv5 ***Synergized***

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Updated, but now experiencing different issue. Network shows as "Saved" on my Cyanogen-modded HP Touchpad. Selecting Connect to Network does nothing.

Encryption and Access Control are both disabled.

Device Profile set to Samsung Galaxy S3.
Setup-Method set to Auto.

Version: 3.2-beta2-modv5 ***Synergized***

For the hacked Wi-Fi Tether support go to this thread.

Hacked WiFi Tether Support

Stefox

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
ok, i got this wifi tether installed on my galaxy s3 (gt-i9300 uk version)

my settings are
device: samsung galaxy s3
driver reload 1: checked
access control: on

now, i can tether to my pc just fine, but when i close the application i can no longer connect to my local wi-fi networks, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they know a fix for it

01blkgts

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
sorry for this noob question....i just got my sgs3 and looking into tethering it
once you follow the instructions here, is there a password feature to connect?
i dont remember reading anything with passwords involved....how do you prevent others from using your internet?

douglasazo

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
ok, i got this wifi tether installed on my galaxy s3 (gt-i9300 uk version)

my settings are
device: samsung galaxy s3
driver reload 1: checked
access control: on

now, i can tether to my pc just fine, but when i close the application i can no longer connect to my local wi-fi networks, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they know a fix for it

Same problem here. I have to restart to regain the ability to toggle the wifi back on.

GS3
Flashed - LJ_update_FULL_Odex via ROM Manager
Installed - WifiTether/TrevE Mod
Installed - SuperSU (which finally got me tethering)

I can tether with or without encryption, change the SSID, and profile. WIFI is disabled when I close and I cannot toggle it back on. I have tried manually shutting it off prior to tether - same result. Force closing the program does not help. Not sure what I can do to fix this. Anyone have any ideas?

douglasazo

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
sorry for this noob question....i just got my sgs3 and looking into tethering it
once you follow the instructions here, is there a password feature to connect?
i dont remember reading anything with passwords involved....how do you prevent others from using your internet?

That is referred to as "encryption" and it is working for me. Some people have expressed problems with activating encryption.

Hubb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
just confirming that I am up and running with the 12/1 update on the first post.

I am using Superuser app

Device-Profile: Samsung Galaxy S3
Setup-Method: Auto
both WiFi-Driver reloads are checked
Access-Control: On

I have not been able to Enable WiFi-Encryption. My PC will not find my GS3 if it is on.

I have NOT had issues re-connecting my GS3 to my work WiFi after I stop the tether app, working fine.

I will keep trying different settings to see if encryption will work

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
just confirming that I am up and running with the 12/1 update on the first post.

I am using Superuser app

I have not been able to Enable WiFi-Encryption. My PC will not find my GS3 if it is on.

I have NOT had issues re-connecting my GS3 to my work WiFi after I stop the tether app, working fine.

I will keep trying different settings to see if encryption will work

You need to download and install SuperSU from the playstore.

mehigh

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
i just got my bran new sprint gs3. it's my first android device. first thing i did was root it. then i installed wifi tether/ treve mod. i'm able to connect to my phone's wifi and use the sprint internet. good so far. what's annoying is that every so often the app will say "What the hell! Your phone takes back control over the wifi interface. Immediate tethering-shutdown NOW!" and it turns the tethering off. is there any work-around that? i get that when i get a text, or when i press the button to turn the screen on. basically anything will trigger it. it's really annoying and am pondering of going back to my palm pre because i could have the tether app running all night on that device.

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
i just got my bran new sprint gs3. it's my first android device. first thing i did was root it. then i installed wifi tether/ treve mod. i'm able to connect to my phone's wifi and use the sprint internet. good so far. what's annoying is that every so often the app will say "What the hell! Your phone takes back control over the wifi interface. Immediate tethering-shutdown NOW!" and it turns the tethering off. is there any work-around that? i get that when i get a text, or when i press the button to turn the screen on. basically anything will trigger it. it's really annoying and am pondering of going back to my palm pre because i could have the tether app running all night on that device.

I've seen that too! I didn't think much of it as I would just reconnect and be fine for awhile...

jedidanno

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I am confirming connection with the following settings as well
I am using Superuser app

I am posting this via the wifi tether. I was having trouble at first but once I got the correct most recent wifi tether .apk for the OP all is working! :D

Sykotc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hope this helps anyone having issues, I am tethering encrypted with no issues on my laptop.

TetherApp: WifiTether-TrevE_Mod_11_22_2012_driverReload2 from the reference link SkunkApe posted above in post #86

Device-Profile: Auto
Only Driver reload 2 checked
Routing fix & MSS Clamping checked
Send Netd Max Client Cmd checked

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Happy to report that the WifiTether_TrevE Mod 11_22_2012_driverReload2.apk has me tethering great on Rooted stock rom.

Thanks to Skunkape, TrevE, QBking77 for the video, and anyone else who made this possible. You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the help along the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool