WiFi tether for JellyBean is here.... Confirmed.....

DJHarkavy

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Working on a T-mobile Galaxy S III. Have Super SU and checked to use the Galaxy s3 device profile.

It allowed me to change the ssid and add encryption as well...

Any chance of this hack making it back to the original program? I bought it before I lost my phone and got a replacement with JB.

brokeguy555

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Version: 3.2-beta2-modv5 ***Synergized*** from 12/1 link.

I tried the one from market, but it didn't work, so now i'm on the 12/1 link and the wifi tethering works with encryption, and i changed ssid and it works and connects fine. It hasn't disconnected for me or anything of that sort since i installed it, but the problem is the speeds. I have 4g LTE in my area and I did a speedtest from my phone like i always do periodically. Speeds for down/up max are 31 down, and 16 up. when i switched to jellybean, it seems to have fluctuated a bit into 20 down, and 10-14 up. but tethering on ICS produced better speeds. I'm seeing 1.23 Mbps down and 7.67 Mbps with the TrEvE mod wifi tether apk from 12/1. anyone know what the problem might be, and or some help on how to fix it? Thanks in Advance.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Verizon i535
Device-Profile: Samsung Galaxy S3
Setup-Method: Auto
both WiFi-Driver reloads are checked, originally only 2nd one was checked.
Access-Control: Off
Routing fix & MSS Clamping checked
Send Netd Max Client Cmd checked

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine is very intermittent; a lot of times, despite being anle to see and connect to the hotspot, it wont actually provide any internet to a connected device. Signal and 3g speed arent the issue, as the phone itself still loads pages almost instantly.

bruce@wexsite.com

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
thank you so so much sea monster. i only know enough to get in trouble when doing these things but i'm a quick learner. HOWEVER, i was not quick enough on this subject. because of you i have enough courage to go and get in some more trouble learning new things. thank you for the figuring this out - everyone had been trying to do this!

dlm04e

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Works for me, however it will shut down completely like someone is exiting the app. Any ideas?

EDITED for spelling errors.

Last edited:

Mastema#AC

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It works on Sprint Galaxy s3 rooted . Advice for all trying upload . Download directly from your device as an apk. Let android installer take of the rest. Skunkape60 is a genius and quite generous, donate! Donate!,,,, stop BSing and get it done. Uploaded directly iPad tethered to S3 .

msoprano13

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
i am rooted using stock and i downloaded this and it says thether is running but my dl and upload speeds say zero and i am not picking up the signal on my computer. what do i do?

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I am having the issue now. It connects as it did before but the speed is low I cant even get pandora to work. I am rocking full bars on 4g and my tether all of a sudden quit working. Been like this for a few days now. Skunk, any help would be majorly appreciated. Tomorrow is my birthday and all I want is to drink beers and watch the game tomorrow! Help!

Do I need to reroot? I am rooted and have superuser from the root. Ive tried supersu and superuser update fixer but to no avail. Im not super versed in this stuff so some things are hard to understand.

I have none of the issues you are having. If you have installed SuperSU from the playstore and are still having issues, please go here for support.

Hacked WiFi Tether Support

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I am having the issue now. It connects as it did before but the speed is low I cant even get pandora to work. I am rocking full bars on 4g and my tether all of a sudden quit working. Been like this for a few days now. Skunk, any help would be majorly appreciated. Tomorrow is my birthday and all I want is to drink beers and watch the game tomorrow! Help!

Do I need to reroot? I am rooted and have superuser from the root. Ive tried supersu and superuser update fixer but to no avail. Im not super versed in this stuff so some things are hard to understand.

You don't need to re root.

Bars of signal strength means nothing. You can have a good signal and it has nothing to do with the speed of the connection. That's all bandwidth. That can't be measured by signal bars. Also if you have a Sprint gs3 there are no bars for data. The only bars are for Wi-Fi and regular voice call signal. 3g and 4g just has upload and download arrows.

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification on that. I talked to sprint, on Christmas eve I wasn't able to make or receive texts or calls. Apparently we are having an outage until the 31st? So they are actually going to reimburse me for the time I wasn't able to stream my netflix for free. :)

I played around with the settings on the tether and got it working. It's been on for about 2 mins now so my fingers are crossed. It says between 1.92 and 4.72 Mbps. So Whatever it was; hopefully I shook out all the gremlins.

I have to thank you yet again Skunk. You are always fast to reply. Sorry for my silly questions but you are the go to guy. At least I only ask them once right?