WiFi tether for JellyBean is here.... Confirmed.....

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification on that. I talked to sprint, on Christmas eve I wasn't able to make or receive texts or calls. Apparently we are having an outage until the 31st? So they are actually going to reimburse me for the time I wasn't able to stream my netflix for free. :)

I played around with the settings on the tether and got it working. It's been on for about 2 mins now so my fingers are crossed. It says between 1.92 and 4.72 Mbps. So Whatever it was; hopefully I shook out all the gremlins.

I have to thank you yet again Skunk. You are always fast to reply. Sorry for my silly questions but you are the go to guy. At least I only ask them once right?

No problem... I enjoy helping you guys when I can. A lot of you guys use your phone differently from me. I don't expect my phone to do as much as many of you so many of the issues brought up here I've never seen. It's good that there are so many well rounded people here.

Austin Hale

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Just to give my feedback: I downloaded the .apk file provided on the first post by Skunkape. I copied that file to my phone's internal storage and used AppInstaller (from the market) to install the pack. Once I opened it, I connected and everything worked fine, I was actually able to find the connection in my networks (with the old WiFi Tether app, I was not able to find it). My current settings include Device-Profile is auto, Setup-Method is auto, Send Netd Max.... is checked, Enable WiFi-Encryption is UNCHECKED (i tested it with it on, and it would not work), I changed the SSID but it worked with the default AndroidTether, Wifi-driver reload 2 is checked, Enable Access Control is checked. Also, my WiFi was on before tethering, and when I tethered, it automatically disconnected the WiFi, so no need to turn it off.

mrfoo84

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I went to Skunk's link to "Hacked Wifi tether support" and found post #308. Originally Posted by jillmoto

Thanks TrevE. I have tried the mod on my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note II and i could connect my laptop via wifi tether. (writing this email on the connected laptop!)

Here's the settings:

Install WifiTether_TrevE_Mod_11_22_2012
Set Profile to Samsung Galaxy S3
Set Setup-Method to Netd-Ndc
Check Send Netd Max Client Cmd
Enable WiFi Encryption
Channel 01
Check WiFi-driver reload 2
Check Routing fix

I did that and it works for me. I am posting this from my computer tethered to my S3!

mcasti15

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Was hoping somebody could help me, I used the link in the OP and it DID work the first time I used it.
Now however every time I try using it I get an ad hoc failure error.
I am running a stock root on my galaxy s3, I tried clearing the cache and rebooting my device but so far no luck. Help?

wemetzger

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Installed, tested, and it is working great on my Sprint Galaxy S3. Did a speed test on the 4G, and got 11 Mbps down and 6 Mbps up in the SF bay area.

Didn't work at first, and then I:
1. Changed Device Profile to S3
2. Enabled wifi protection and SSID
3. Checked off wifi Driver reload (Reload 2 was already checked)

That's the complete list of changes I did to the Settings. Didn't have any of the wifi toggle or other problems some people mention. Thanks for making this happen!

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my GS3 yesterday, only other app added is BusyBox, SuperUser came with the root process, and could not get tethering to work, my laptop never saw it. Then I changed the settings I came across in this post and it works! Nice. Here are the only settings I changed:

-Auto Device
-Auto Setup method (or netd-ndc) - I am using netd-ntc
-Send Netd max Client cmd
-Wifi-Driver reload - Unchecked reload 2 and checked 1.

Hope it helps someone else. Thanks to all who help in the process.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Just tried again, if I unchecked Reload 1 and checked 2 then tether doesn't work. If I check Reload 1 then tether starts right up and is visible on my laptop, but I cannot turn wifi back on. I just restarted to get wifi back on the phone, force closing the app didn't work.

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Just tried again, if I unchecked Reload 1 and checked 2 then tether doesn't work. If I check Reload 1 then tether starts right up and is visible on my laptop, but I cannot turn wifi back on. I just restarted to get wifi back on the phone, force closing the app didn't work.
Are you using Supersu or Superuser? Are both of these apps installed?

Swyped from my SPH-L710

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

Drsteez

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
try a different version... I''ve had the same problem.

i was scouring the internet in search for an answer and when a read skunkape's post about having to flash a deoxed version i got very heartbroken...here goes another hour of BS blah blah blah

I've tried everything from foxfi to wifi tether and here's the solution i came upon!

Firstly, the problem: I would setup and everything and I can even see it on my wifi find list but it would never successfully connect. After a hour of just raw rawr hate this bs, i downloaded the version right under (wifi tether v3 3-pre1.apk) instad of the one above.

After installing, everything works smoothly like butter. it's all good now.

try downloading a different version, set it up and baaaooooom, you'll see the access control asking for permish and grant it and you'll be flying wifi.

awesome.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
try a different version... I''ve had the same problem.

i was scouring the internet in search for an answer and when a read skunkape's post about having to flash a deoxed version i got very heartbroken...here goes another hour of BS blah blah blah

I've tried everything from foxfi to wifi tether and here's the solution i came upon!

Firstly, the problem: I would setup and everything and I can even see it on my wifi find list but it would never successfully connect. After a hour of just raw rawr hate this bs, i downloaded the version right under (wifi tether v3 3-pre1.apk) instad of the one above.

After installing, everything works smoothly like butter. it's all good now.

try downloading a different version, set it up and baaaooooom, you'll see the access control asking for permish and grant it and you'll be flying wifi.

awesome.
Sorry but I don't see that version anywhere, I must be blind.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams