WiFi tether for JellyBean is here.... Confirmed.....

warwickfire

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Settings
Device profile: galaxy s3
Change setup method: auto

You must be rooted...

I'm Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 I missed around with this about 2 days. and I found it. Ues wifi tether_Tr...rReload2.apk with super Su. Don't use this version wifi_tether_v3_3-pre2.apk. it isn't work. But Maybe work with someone but not me. Ok good luck for anyone.

jimatssf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, u r lucky.
I have rooted stock rom, seems oxidized.
Have super SU. Latest v3.3 per2 installed.
Same settings, one day I can tether 2 hrs without prob. Another day wifi tether auto close every 2 min

So, it's not stable to me.
De oxide rom is a have to? Don't want to because I have data.

jimatssf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Btw, I found a reboot may help.
When I get off every min, wifi setting doesn't work either.
After reboot, seems take me back to the right mod.

Last edited:

jimatssf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Just found a thing.maybe can explain something. Please test if you see the same.

Here is what I have done, twice:
Reboot the phone. Check Wi-Fi access switch, it works. Turn it off.

Open Wi-Fi tether, found it works well.
When tether is working, plug in your charger. Use Samsung charger and cable to avoid unwanted discussion. The tether turned off. At the same time, there is a quick message line: what the bell, the phone take over the control. ... the spp didn't close.

I can still turn it on/off. But when it's on, the tether will automatically turn off couple of minutes. Or, you can turn screen on and off by pushing the power button. The tether app will turn off when you turn on the screen.

Not sure if this also happen on your phone. It seems something could simply trigger this non stable scenario.

Indestopable

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Download what?

Sorry if im missing something, but I just rooted today. Have SuperSU installed. Have been poking around trying to find tether app and this one seems to be the popular vote. Every site has a link to it, and when I follow the link, it takes me to a download site for it, and it just sits on 'Looking for mirrors'. Am I doin something wrong in trying to get this on my device? :-[

Indestopable

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I dont have anything at bottom of the page :( If anyone else is able to download either file, would someone be willing to email it to me? Id be very grateful.

msoprano13

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
All of a sudden between yesterday and today my speed is extremely slow. It shows it is connected but I can't get anything to load
It's been working great for 2 weeks.
Any ideas

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Which version of the WiFi file, and what are the major settings? Which ROM?

Swyped from my SPH-L710
I installed the second one from the top of all of them, didn't change anything. It also happened when I installed the file at the beginning of this thread. My root is stock JB, no custom ROM. This isn't a big deal, I don't tether much and restarting is quick.

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I installed the second one from the top of all of them, didn't change anything. It also happened when I installed the file at the beginning of this thread. My root is stock JB, no custom ROM. This isn't a big deal, I don't tether much and restarting is quick.
Where are you referring to when you say second from the top?

Swyped from my SPH-L710

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Where are you referring to when you say second from the top?

Swyped from my SPH-L710
Now that I am home on the laptop I can answer easier. All of the tether dls are here and I am running wifi_tether_v3_3-pre1.apk . Earkier in this thread I was told to use SuperSU and delete superuser, which I did, but the issue is still there. It was mentioned on xda by someone else but nothing became of it. I rarely tether, so I don't care I have to reboot, but I figured maybe someone should know.

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Now that I am home on the laptop I can answer easier. All of the tether dls are here and I am running wifi_tether_v3_3-pre1.apk . Earkier in this thread I was told to use SuperSU and delete superuser, which I did, but the issue is still there. It was mentioned on xda by someone else but nothing became of it. I rarely tether, so I don't care I have to reboot, but I figured maybe someone should know.
Uninstall your WiFi app, and install the 11/22/2012 Reloaddriver 2 app from the Download section of this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=34037922

Try the app configuration defaults first.

Swyped from my SPH-L710