WiFi tether for JellyBean is here.... Confirmed.....

dantraynor

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick note that worked for me: Make sure Sprint's Connection Optimizer is off, other wise your phone will turn on wifi in hopes of finding a better signal.

Jugz

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Worked on a Rooted US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3. More info: I have a data plan that DOES NOT support tethering. So, this is a very nice app to have. Thank you Skunkape60.

whitrzac

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm having issues with wifi tether on my US cellular gs3...
It's rooted with android 4.1.1
Sometimes it doesn't broadcast a SSID and other times it will
When my laptop connects it has no internet access. The meters will show 20-30kb upload and <1kb download

dgcruzing

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
1: Wifi Driver Reload 1/2 Starting 11/20 build this is important. Change it if you have issues with adapters. Valid combinations are no reloads checked or one of the reload methods. Do not check both (theres no code to stop you from doing it now)

2: -Setup-Method: For GS3: Netd-ndc, E3D use SoftAP (auto should have right defaults, might need to force)
-Netdndc Max Client Cmd: Required for GS3ish devices. If not enabled you will likely get an AP but cannot connect.
-MSS clamping: on (default)
-Routing fix: on (default)

HUGE Thanks Trevor,
Been using your apps for a while now..
Confirmed working on the above set-up..with Wifi encryption enabled.. Lastest busybox installed..
G. SIII I9000 - XXEMA2 - Deodexed

Ripto Cahyono

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
hi guys, need help. i already installed the treve wifi tether, and i have succeed on bradcasting the ssid so my laptop can detect the ssid and already connect but no internet access, and i look at the download at wifi app, only 0,0 no movement.

my setting:
deveice profile: s3
setup method: auto
check send netd max clinet
change ssid to android
check wifi driver reload
enable access control
check routing fix.

please help me. i already succeed connect to my s3 but no internet access, what should i do?

Mitri360

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the problem of whenever I start the app for some reason my data speed drops and stays down but only on whatever is tethered. I only have 3g(ehrpd) here but for example when I download something directly on the phone, it gets full speed(sometimes meeting 1mb+) but on my tethered laptop it doesn't come close. Why?

Using stock Rom rooted jb s3.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

billinaz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
This worked before I updated to Jellybean. Im using a stock ATT rom that is rooted.

The app opens ok, and I get a small bit of data to show on the left side. It appears to be working but my computer cannot see the phone. (no SSID shows up)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
This worked before I updated to Jellybean. Im using a stock ATT rom that is rooted.

The app opens ok, and I get a small bit of data to show on the left side. It appears to be working but my computer cannot see the phone. (no SSID shows up)

Are you using the TrevE_Mod version of WiFi Tether linked in the first post? This version is the only one that works on Sprint JB devices. Maybe it will work on your AT&T. (You do know that you're in the Sprint forum, right?)

zirkusaffe

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
With my rooted Samsung galaxy S3 [SPH-L710] on sprint stock ROM Jellybean 4.1.1
The only version I could get running is the: WiFi Tether for Root Users 3.3-pre1 *** EXPERIMENTAL ***
this was released nov 20 12 (download older versions from the download (see all) on the left side of the developers app site in google play.
to DL I went to googleplay on my computer downloaded the newest and previous 5 versions only the above one worked
SSID, Encrypt, worked (broadcasted SSID, then after I connected I enabled Encryt and it worked flawlessly)
Turning on Wifi after using this app needed to restart device.. someone probably has a REAL work-around mine is: uncheck Wifi-Driver Reload (manually shut off your WiFi before using tether and you will be able to restart it.

Other settings:
Device-Profile: Samsung G S3
Setup Method: Auto (worked on mine)
Send Netd Max: checked (default)
WiFi-Driver reload (I use unchecked to manually enable/disable wifi)
MSS Clamping (checked)
Routing Fix (checked)

Lastly the external change I made was based on others experience and suggestion: Settings, (under Wireless and Networks) choose more settings/mobile networks/connections optimizer (uncheck),, I haven't tried with this on ever after getting tether to work so I'll play around with it and maybe update if it is necessary or not for sprint Galaxy s3 users.. hope this helps but I'm sure it's been covered many times. Like others have found I also run the SuperSU app over Superuser..and did before I installed wifi tether so I cannot say it will work using Superuser.. to be safe get SuperSU.:eek:

raymond williams1

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
about Wi-Fi tether for rooted gs3

I am able to get online dating my connection but then it off no where it sits off on its own a messages some thing like an quote o the interface has taking over or something like that please email me to help please tenerrow3@gmail.com

wjwaters

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: about Wi-Fi tether for rooted gs3

I have a sprint GS3 and I have done what everyone has posted. It shows up but when I try to connect it has a error message ""Failed to associate with the network" What could be wrong?

I am using the first one listed on the first page of this fourm. I included a picture from my balckberry. I am only using the black berry to try to connect to my GS3 wifi hot spot. I dont have a laptop so I am using my blackberry as a laptop to see if I can connect to it. You can see "galaxys3" is online, but if I try to connect it gives the error message shown in the other picture. Also only a small amount of info shows in the up load and down load box on the GS3 tether screen.

Please help.

Attachments

• s3message[1].jpg
    s3message[1].jpg
    960.3 KB · Views: 66
  • s3failure[1].jpg
    s3failure[1].jpg
    490 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

wjwaters

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

Ok update, I went and uninstalled the file on the first page of this post. I then went back and installed the newest file again. And now it works likea charm. Do know what the heck I did different, but yes this works with sprint!!!! Happy Happy.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

Mine still works just like it always did, I have to reboot to return to wifi after turning off the tether. No big deal. at least it works.

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Mine still works just like it always did, I have to reboot to return to wifi after turning off the tether. No big deal. at least it works.

Same here. WiFi tether worked first time, but had to reboot to get regular WiFi to work after turning off tether.

0313hamiksu

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

anyone tried this on asus nexus 7 and gets it working?

I tried and it didnt work.
my other devices cannot even detect the wifi created..

p.s :- things I tried, changing SSID, disabling encryption, the wifi created wont show on my other devices..
thanks

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01