Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My AMAZING Stock Battery Life after Jelly Bean 4.1

7% AND STILL HOLDING!
    My AMAZING Stock Battery Life after Jelly Bean 4.1-screenshot_2012-11-14-14-27-08.png

I am stock, unrooted. I turned off Google Now after I got 4.1 JB. I have brightness full, weather updated every 3 hours. Live windmill wallpaper set every 3 hours. FB sync, Gmail, Outlook sync on... I even have the news ticker on my lock screen on to update once a day. I used to have voice commands on but realized they were draining my battery. I turned the Sprint optimizer off but it ALWAYS comes back on. Wifi always on unless I am out for the night I turn it off. GPS always on. Data on. Bluetooth on only when in Car. I used to have all the motions on but everyone doesn't work well. The ones I do have on are Direct Call, Double Tap to Top, and Palm Swipe for screen capture. CDMA is on cause I don't have LTE in my area yet. NFC off unless I wanna use it. Power saving mode OFF. Location Services all of besides use GPS satellites. OK I think I covered EVERYTHING. If you think I missed a setting please let me know. Note I have push for my outlook and get 100's of emails a day and this thing is still beastin. I honestly can't believe it. So far I used FB dozens of times, checked emails and responded to them, gmail, outlook etc, text messaging, phone call's.. I honestly can't believe it. LOVE MY STOCK BATTERY AND GS3 running JB 4.1. Now bring on 4.2!
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: My AMAZING Stock Battery Life after Jelly Bean 4.1

Doesn't count without a screenshot of screen on time.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Here.
    My AMAZING Stock Battery Life after Jelly Bean 4.1-screenshot_2012-11-14-14-53-45.png

Note: I just plugged it in once it got down to 5%.
    While we all know of course I didn't have the screen on AT ALL TIMES, this is pretty damn impressive to me. As you can see I consistently keep turning it on for various tasks minus when I went to sleep both nights. Mind you I kept Wifi on.
    Last edited by DILIG3NT; 11-14-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Quote Originally Posted by DILIG3NT View Post
    Here.
    Attachment 46378

Note: I just plugged it in once it got down to 5%.
    While we all know of course I didn't have the screen on AT ALL TIMES, this is pretty damn impressive to me. As you can see I consistently keep turning it on for various tasks minus when I went to sleep both nights. Mind you I kept Wifi on.
    "Invalid attachment" is what I get.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Fixed.

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Quote Originally Posted by DILIG3NT View Post
    Fixed.
    I believe what SkunkApe was saying was on screen time which means to go into battery--->click screen---> on screen time=??

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    ROM
    FreeGS3

Yeah I think Joe is right here..
    Remember to "Thank" people who help you out!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I fixed it! LOOK AT THE PIC AGAIN!

As you can see, of course I wasn't on it all the time! But def was consistent other than when I went to sleep BOTH NIGHTS without charging it.

Wow..... Verizon needs to push out that good good bean like yesterday

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Screenshots from yesterday.

I'm amazed at the amount of time/life! Keep in mind that I've frozen over 100+ apps/services listed in this thread using Titanium Backup. I'm sure that helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My AMAZING Stock Battery Life after Jelly Bean 4.1-screenshot_2012-12-04-16-54-06.jpg   My AMAZING Stock Battery Life after Jelly Bean 4.1-screenshot_2012-12-04-16-54-19.png  
    Last edited by TigerDave; 12-06-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 rooted with stock ROM
    Asus/Google Nexus 7 FHD (2nd Gen.) 32GB

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ROM
    None yet

I had about the same battery life on stock BEFORE the JB update. That was with approximately two hours of screen time and I was using 2X Battery (an app similar to Green Power or Juice Defender, but I think it works better) and not really syncing anything except Gmail and Yahoo. After the update, battery life has been horrid. I had to do a factory reset and I think everything is more or less back to normal, but I'm worried those pesky Media or MAPs files will affect me again.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerDave View Post
    I'm amazed at the amount of time/life! Keep in mind that I've frozen over 100+ apps/services listed in this thread using Titanium Backup. I'm sure that helps.
    I'm now rooted and have made no modifications, safe getting rid of the shutter sound. Which apps/services are safe to freeze without affecting the phone and some of the apps?

Quote Originally Posted by corinthians View Post
    I'm now rooted and have made no modifications, safe getting rid of the shutter sound. Which apps/services are safe to freeze without affecting the phone and some of the apps?
    Click the "this thread" hyperlink in my previous post. Use the list as a guideline since each user has different needs.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 rooted with stock ROM
    Asus/Google Nexus 7 FHD (2nd Gen.) 32GB

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ROM
    None yet

Quote Originally Posted by TigerDave View Post
    Click the "this thread" hyperlink in my previous post. Use the list as a guideline since each user has different needs.
    Thanks! I'll check it out!

I have had astronomical battery life after JB! I get about 3.5 hours of screen time daily, averaging about 200 texts a day, browsing FB and Tumblr, and making a few phone calls.. When I plug in for the night, I usually sit at about 30% battery life left. Stock ROM, running Nova launcher, using Swiftkey and GoSMSPro.