1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Default Yet another battery question

I don't want to be annoying with yet ANOTHER battery drain question, but I'm looking for help. I got the Jellybean update yesterday. I noticed an immediate battery drain, but figured it was from the download itself. This morning it as soon as I took it off the charger I could literally watch the battery drain. I came here and read thread after thread about this subject and tried most of the tips offered. As you can see by the screenshot, they haven't work.

I have not done the SD card thing or the reset yet. I didn't reformat my SD card because I am on a stock phone and media isn't on the list. Should I do it anyway? If so, can someone post a quick tutorial?

I prefer not to do the factory reset until I've exhausted all other options. I've done everything else - turned off the optimizer, the maps thing, etc. None of them have worked. As a matter of fact, it seems that the battery might actually be draining even faster!

Don't be harsh - I'm a newbie to this stuff. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for the help.Yet another battery question-screenshot_2012-11-15-13-59-01.png

Default Re: Yet another battery question

One thing I noticed is you have your Bluetooth on. While it's normal to have on, make sure you do NOT have it on when NOT in use. It dusts the battery, also what are the icons in the top left? seems you must have some programs running in the background killing your battery. Are your motion controls or voice commands on? Do you get really poor signal? Check ur running programs and clear ram. I would pull out the battery and restart/ that can usually take care of most the issues.

One last thing to keep in mind. You just downloaded Jelly Bean. Wait till the phone gets used to its new OS. I would let the battery go all the way down till it completely dies pulll out the battery (wait 20 secs) put it back in and charge the phone WHILE OFF until its 100% complete then see how the battery performs.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Thanks for the reply! I've always left the bluetooth on before the update and it never seemed to make much of a difference, but I'll turn it off and see what happens. I only use it in the car. The icons you mentioned are the Avast app and our local tv station's weather app, both of which I had before JB and never affected the battery either. Motion is on - I like the things that are checked. Are you suggesting I turn that off?

Voice commands are not on. I'm getting a good signal. I'm going to pull the battery now. Tonight I'll let the battery die and do the charge while off overnight.

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond!

you're welcome. Hope it fixes the issues. I just had the longest battery life ever since I got the phone and I am running JB. I got 44 hours PLUS on the stock battery. Good luck!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Well, I did the all the suggestions, but I'm still getting serious battery drain. Interestingly, it now charges VERY QUICKLY.

Go to developers option and then show cpu usage and see what's draining the battery

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2