Wi-Fi Power Save Mode

xtibi

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Did you find a way to permanently turn off the wifi powersave mode? Thanks.

If you turn on wifi power save mode your wifi internet connection speed will be very slow. Like in my case I have a 15 mbps internet plan but using the speedtest.net app on my phone the speed is only 1.5mbps. But after turning off the wifi power save mode I get a 15mbps connection.
My question is, is there a way to permanently turn off the wifi powersave mode? It's really annoying I always need to do the *#0011# sequence everyday!
I think it automatically turns on when you get a low battery or if you restart your phone.

-----------------------------
360 Virtual Tourist - 360? Virtual Tours, Panoramic Photography, Timelapse Videos

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
When your in the wifi screen to connect to a network press the menu button go to advanced and change sleep mode to never

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

mjamesf

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I already tried that before. My wifi settings is "Always On" mode during sleep.

The wifi powersave mode always kicks in when the battery is low like 10-15% I think. Also if you restart the phone it turns on again.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem but my service is not on so I cannot dial the number. Is there any way to shut it off without service?
If you drag-down from the Status bar and then select the icon in the upper right corner you should see all of the available Quick Toggles - 'Power saving' should be one of them; you can turn it off that way.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

connectcase

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Does this only apply to Samsung phones?

I seem to have the same problem on my UMI, but dialing *#0011# does not work. Any other way to access ServiceMode?

Osama Abbasi

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
That's odd. I just ran four tests, two with PSM off, then two with PSM on, and got essentially identical results using Speedtest. Did you run your tests with a low battery? Maybe the powersave mode kicks in when the battery reaches a certain level.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any way to change the setting permanently.

I get huge battery drain on my sprint note edge with psm off on lollipop. But if i don't turn it off my phone won't recognize incoming whatsapp messages unless i turn the screen on. Any suggestions?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Well, as far as battery drain I'd suggest booting into safe mode for a while and see if you still have the drain issue. Safe Mode disables 3rd party apps, so if your battery life gets better it's down to something you've installed. If that's the case, my suggestion would be to factory reset, and install only a couple of apps. If everything is still good, install a couple of more. Then a couple of more, untill you find whatever is causing drain.

JANARANJANA

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
i've got a galaxy J7 and I'm facing this wi fi problem. then i went to servicemode and selected wi fi. but in wi fi, there is no any ON, OFF button. please can you tell me what should i do...

et-samsung

Jan 17, 2018
Visit site
Hi Almeuit
I followed your steps. Unfortunately, I can find "WIFI" on the Service Mode. i only have END, Back, Key input, Select and Help.
I am having problems with WIFI, it can't turn on.
Appreciate your help. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12