Debating between S3 and Optimus G?

megamaster5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I was wondering if I should get an S3 now or wait a few weeks and just get the Optimus G. I have to pay 200 for either of them but I'm worried about future proofing my purchase. Also, I'm not sure how much support the OG will get where as the S3 is very well supported. Software isn't an issue. I do love the zippiness of both phones but the LG has the S3 beat. It's still up in the air. Thoughts? Thanks.

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It's actually going pretty cheap online now I think, and the Black Friday sales are coming up real soon, and the S3 is going to be veryyy cheap then. The S3, in 2 years, will still remain as a great phone, so if you want to choose the "lesser" phone here, it won't be that bad I think.

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Both great devices. I own the GS3 and have only tinkered with the LG. The LG is nice for sure, with maybe a little more pep in it's step but didn't feel like by much.

IMO it depends on your end goal of the phone. Are you looking for strong, guaranteed aftermarket (root) developer support right now or are you willing to wait a little bit and see if people step up for the LG?

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah, if you're a tinkerer and like to modify and customize, and don't mind a slight learning curve then once you get a good Android, you'll never even consider another iphone.

I used to love my daughter's itouch. To be very honest I seriously hate to even mess around with it anymore. It's stuck with crap-ola-itunes, among many other things, and you get what you get and that's it....which is perfect for some people. Not for me.

Welcome to the bright side, young Jedi.

megamaster5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Definitely excited for Android. I would probably be willing to stick with stock UI for either of them, since both skins are fairy good and bring nice features (unlike Sense). I just want to get my money's worth. So it turns me off a little that the GS3 is priced anywhere from $50 - $150, and I would have to pay $200 for it. Which is why I'm considering waiting for the Optimus G, however, I have no idea when it would be available. I'm in the Sprint Wireless Advantage Club; only downside to this plan.

Vladabeast

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
LG's ui is horrid and the optimus g is having heating issues also the s3 has many more features and more advantages. the 13mp camera advertised on the optimus g is a terrible camera i have a friend that has the phone and my s3 takes way better pictures. also we have a removable battery.

the_mastermind

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same boat, but jumped on the s3 once it went on sale for sprint for $50. Even down the road, 2years from now this phone will still be pretty good. I'm saying that from the fact 2years ago I got the optimus S that was considered mid-range, and now would be considered below average lol

The way it see it for the price and specs it was a steal compared to the evo 4g that dropped to only $100 and phones in comparable range.

The reviews on the optimus G says the camera bad as well which is a big deal to me.