Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Two issues - Battery indicator and Gallery running high overnight?

Hey all,

First off, I'd like to say that I absolutely LOVE my S3! I bought it about a week ago, and haven't put it down since. However, I've run into a couple of issues which I hope someone may be able to help me out with:

1) As of yesterday, I noticed that my battery indicator does not match the percentage of the battery life itself. I did a restart, pulled the battery out for about 10 minutes, powered it on, and still the same. Odd much:

2) After I charge my phone to 100% each night, I take it off the charger, turn SYNC and MOBILE DATA off, and only leave Wifi on. That's no big deal right? Anyways, I wake up the next day to find this:

I did further research, and discovered that Picasa was the typical reason. Cool...but I disabled Picasa the same day I bought the phone (the snapshot above is from this morning). Could Dropbox be responsible?

Default Re: Two issues - Battery indicator and Gallery running high overnight?

Where did you disable Picasa? I've heard that Google Plus can be part of the issue try turning off instant upload.

S3 on Sprint - 16gb pebble blue + 64
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I went to Accounts and disabled under Google - I don't have Google +.

Have you rebooted? Take a deep dive into every google app you have and check settings. I was amazed at 1)how much is going on behind the scenes in these apps and 2) how much control the settings give you. i e google maps logs everywhere you go in a huge list and tries to share this with your friends when they look you up via Google. Who knew...

Also google+ isn't uninstall able so check app drawer and settings.

ROM
    Stock

For the gallery thing and picasa go to gallery in the apps and clear data. That's how I fixed my gallery taking up battery problem

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
    Phone: LG G2
    Android Version: 4.2.2
    Rom Version: Stock

Tablet: Motorola Xoom
    Android Version: 4.0.4
    Rom Version: Stock

Retired: Htc Evo 4G
    Htc Evo 3d
    Samsung Galaxy S3