- 41 Posts
Two issues - Battery indicator and Gallery running high overnight?
First off, I'd like to say that I absolutely LOVE my S3! I bought it about a week ago, and haven't put it down since. However, I've run into a couple of issues which I hope someone may be able to help me out with:
1) As of yesterday, I noticed that my battery indicator does not match the percentage of the battery life itself. I did a restart, pulled the battery out for about 10 minutes, powered it on, and still the same. Odd much:
2) After I charge my phone to 100% each night, I take it off the charger, turn SYNC and MOBILE DATA off, and only leave Wifi on. That's no big deal right? Anyways, I wake up the next day to find this:
I did further research, and discovered that Picasa was the typical reason. Cool...but I disabled Picasa the same day I bought the phone (the snapshot above is from this morning). Could Dropbox be responsible?
- 11-18-2012, 06:25 PM #2
- 11-20-2012, 03:33 AM #4
Re: Two issues - Battery indicator and Gallery running high overnight?
Have you rebooted? Take a deep dive into every google app you have and check settings. I was amazed at 1)how much is going on behind the scenes in these apps and 2) how much control the settings give you. i e google maps logs everywhere you go in a huge list and tries to share this with your friends when they look you up via Google. Who knew...
S3 on Sprint - 16gb pebble blue + 64
- 11-20-2012, 03:35 AM #5
- 11-23-2012, 06:04 PM #6
- By djrakowski in forum Verizon Droid Incredible 2Replies: 34Last Post: 07-19-2012, 01:28 PM
- By Hypochondriac in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 4Last Post: 07-06-2012, 05:17 PM
- By samkeach in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 10Last Post: 08-05-2010, 10:10 AM
- By Fletchand in forum Droid X AccessoriesReplies: 4Last Post: 08-03-2010, 09:20 PM
- By plarpco in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 14Last Post: 07-15-2010, 11:46 AM