Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Media Server using battery

Over the past couple of days, the media server has been using up a good portion of the battery to the point where I am getting 4-5 hours instead of an average of 12. I am using Pandora, but that shows up as a separate entry for what's using the battery. What application could I be using that is associated with the media player?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Media Server using battery

I know Audible affects the media server battery usage

Curious if this problem still exists for you? Just updated to JB (AT&T) and all of a sudden Media is my highest % of battery usage. I don't stream any audio. wondering if it's something from the PlayStore?
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob1 View Post
    Curious if this problem still exists for you? Just updated to JB (AT&T) and all of a sudden Media is my highest % of battery usage. I don't stream any audio. wondering if it's something from the PlayStore?
    Any sound that plays on your phone including notifications effect media server. Being on the top of the list is not unusual nor does it mean anything is wrong.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

I just noticed the same thing on my phone this morning. I've had severe battery drains in the last two days but I know one cause was the BW update, which I deleted.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    ROM
    None yet

I had the same problem after the JB update and I wasnt even using any media applications. I did a factory reset and formatted the SD card (on my computer, not through my phone). Problem seems to have gone away for now. Apparently JB messed up with the Samsung media apps.