Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Default Best Weather App with a Widget is.......

What do you think is the best Weather App with a cool widget to go along with it as well? I have Beautiful Weather (from Beautiful Widgets) right now but I'm lookin for something a bit different. What do you all recommend? Thanks.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Default Re: Best Weather App with a Widget is.......

I really like Eye in Sky Weather

I really like AccuWeather!

Sent from my Galaxy Slll using TapaTalk!

HD widgets hands down!
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Quote Originally Posted by weston87 View Post
    I really like AccuWeather!

Sent from my Galaxy Slll using TapaTalk!
    I actually just downloaded that right after I posted this and I LOVE it... BUT I do not like how it has to "load" everytime I wanna check the weather. Also the widget is not customizable at all.
    Thanked by:

BeWeather Pro is the absolute best. Fully customizable widget.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    HD widgets hands down!
    Agreed! HD Widgets is the best....shows a 4x1 forecast, or current weather, and even a 1x1 current weather
    Gator352 likes this.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by jimjr03 View Post
    I really like Eye in Sky Weather
    +1
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Weatherlove has a very clean interface and extremely cool looking widgets. I used it on my Epic 4G Touch before I moved to the S3.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    HD widgets hands down!
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Agreed! HD Widgets is the best....shows a 4x1 forecast, or current weather, and even a 1x1 current weather
    I just DLed it 3 days ago and I agree with you guys. By FAR, the BEST!! All the others that were suggested in this thread pale in comparison!
    smooth4lyfe likes this.

I have both beweather pro and HD widgets installed and it is my opinion HD widgets has more visible options. However, I depend more on beweather.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    spencerdl likes this.

I've tried a few but now I go with 1weather. Three customizable widgets (color etc) nice background choices.
    Just like it.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Quote Originally Posted by Iggymart View Post
    I have both beweather pro and HD widgets installed and it is my opinion HD widgets has more visible options. However, I depend more on beweather.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    why?

Just DL'ed HD Widgets, this better be good!
    Last edited by Joe113; 11-21-2012 at 01:04 PM.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Does anyone know if HD Widgets can have the temperature displayed in the notification bar?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    Does anyone know if HD Widgets can have the temperature displayed in the notification bar?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Na I don't think so

Weather apps are useless without radar! So beautiful widgets built in weather app is useless imo

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I use Weather Bug. I don't want a big widget taking up a lot of room. The 1x2 widget shows my what I need at a quick glance, and if I need more detail I'll just open the app. WB's forecasts seem more localized, and the data more current than anything else I tried.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

I use HD Widgets which allows me to switch between, WeatherBug, Accuweather and Weather Underground as the source.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Quote Originally Posted by zyzzyx View Post
    I use HD Widgets which allows me to switch between, WeatherBug, Accuweather and Weather Underground as the source.
    Bought HD Widgets only to find out that there is no temperature displayed in the notification bar, which I love. Switched back to Beautiful Widgets and I LOVE their new UI.

I only want the weather when I need it for where I am at the moment. I dont need one running all the time burning battery and RAM.. I use NOAA Weather (N Studio /Weather Here). Comes in free, ad supported and a paid version. I rated it five, ten if I could. My Google Play review:
    t gives you the weather info for where you are at the moment. It does not run all the time burning RAM and battery unnecessarily. When I installed it only used temperature in Fahrenheit, but I use Celsius. I asked the developer for Celsius; he politely, promptly responded, "Celsius is definitely a feature I can add." He added, " I expect I can get to this in the next couple days." He did. It is a simple, intuitive app, the first tab gives current weather and forecasts for six days; the second tab the radar image for your location. It gives the minimum information for you to decide whether to stay home and cuddle, or go cycling with your Cutie. It has internal links to the NOAA site for more weather detail if you need. I originally installed the free, ad supported version, but it proved so dependable, simple, intuitive to use and inexpensive I bought the paid version. It only asks for the permissions for its necessary functions. I recommend it. It's the best app I have among all my other apps. Mr Nadler, you are a mensch.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by saint satin stain View Post
    I only want the weather when I need it for where I am at the moment. I dont need one running all the time burning battery and RAM.. I use NOAA Weather (N Studio /Weather Here). Comes in free, ad supported and a paid version. I rated it five, ten if I could. My Google Play review:
    t gives you the weather info for where you are at the moment. It does not run all the time burning RAM and battery unnecessarily. When I installed it only used temperature in Fahrenheit, but I use Celsius. I asked the developer for Celsius; he politely, promptly responded, "Celsius is definitely a feature I can add." He added, " I expect I can get to this in the next couple days." He did. It is a simple, intuitive app, the first tab gives current weather and forecasts for six days; the second tab the radar image for your location. It gives the minimum information for you to decide whether to stay home and cuddle, or go cycling with your Cutie. It has internal links to the NOAA site for more weather detail if you need. I originally installed the free, ad supported version, but it proved so dependable, simple, intuitive to use and inexpensive I bought the paid version. It only asks for the permissions for its necessary functions. I recommend it. It's the best app I have among all my other apps. Mr Nadler, you are a mensch.
    That's why I don't use widgets... don't like what they do to battery life.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    scipio11111 likes this.

I use a uccw weather skin. it's very minimal.

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best Weather App with a Widget is.......-uploadfromtaptalk1358445957374.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    That's why I don't use widgets... don't like what they do to battery life.
    I don't use many widgets, but many don't really use that much battery. WeatherBug, for example, can be set up update at intervals from 15 minutes to 6 hours. It only checks your location, and downloads data, at those intervals, not constantly. Yes, if you set it to update every 15 minutes it's going to chew up some battery, but even then I suspect not very much. I have it set to 1 hour intervals, and it never shows up on my list of battery usage.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Weather Bug is my favorite, and I tried a bunch. Most important to me, the weather was the most up to date and accurate, unlike accuweather. It has the 7 day forecast, hour by hour, maps, radar, and cameras. And then I love the widget- I think there are bigger ones, but like the previous poster, I like small. I have a 1x1 that doesn't update often on my request, and that I made transparent. Weather alerts for different saved locations are good too... especially if you are a skiier, surfer, live in a multi micro climate area like San Francisco, ect.

ROM
    CM7

I use beautiful widgets on my phone and hd widgets on my tablet, I'm going to try the hd widgets on my s3...

By the way, i love widgets and live wall papers and my screens are filled with it... I got a 2gb RAM phone with a good battery life for a reason.

Zuz
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    strykr 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast