Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GiantJay
  • 1 Post By Joe113
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Launcher

I will admit to being a noob on my GS3, my first smartphone.. I've seen more and more posts recently about launchers, and how much more customizable and awesomer they are.. My questions are, with JB released, is there one that won't drop my battery to dead before noon? Which one has more bang for the buck? What exactly does downloading a launcher change on the phone? Be easy, I'm a noob remember?

Default Re: Launcher

It really depends on the launcher. Some will change just the after work while others will change animations and widget resizing. I always seem to find the stock launcher to be a better choice but it is all personal preference. Best thing to do is try a few free ones then go from there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If you want to try one I recommend Nova Launcher.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

NOVA all the way!! It was on sale for 25 cents when I bought it so I just couldn't resist!
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Wow, that's a helluva deal considering it's 4 bucks.. How often do they have these sales? And more importantly, would I be able to keep the functions of my phone, such as S voice and Google search?

Quote Originally Posted by tat21985 View Post
    Wow, that's a helluva deal considering it's 4 bucks.. How often do they have these sales? And more importantly, would I be able to keep the functions of my phone, such as S voice and Google search?
    All your apps will remain in place and in full use. The launcher just changes the application dock at the bottom of your homescreen and gives you much more customizing options for your homescreen(s). Also gives some other options in the application list too depending on the launcher.

Some launchers react differently than others with devices, so give a few a test drive and see what you like. Nova launcher is probably one of the best.

One feature you will probably love about 3rd party launchers is they have a backup and restore option to save your settings and setup of your launcher dock, homescreens, etc.. Great feature.

Much more to talk about with 3rd party launchers but its easier to just grab a one and check it out for yourself.

Good luck and enjoy!
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks for all the help! I will be looking at Nova first, and I have a feeling that may be the only one I look at after reading several reviews, and the help I've got from this forum, it seems very impressive..

Thanks for all the help! I will be looking at Nova first, and I have a feeling that may be the only one I look at after reading several reviews, and the help I've got from this forum, it seems very impressive..
    Good luck and if you have any further questions just stop on back and ask
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Good idea! And if you like it and want to get Nova Launcher Prime, it's worth it. Remember, you phone is a small computer, worth much more to you than the purchase price. Spending a few extra bucks to customize it the way you want is a minor thing. For example, how much would you spend on floor mats for a new vehicle, etc.? Enjoy!