Voice Command for Apps in 4.1?

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone ask this question so I will ask, is the voice command for apps still working on 4.1? In 4.0 it was under language and input. You could set your voice command on the camera to take a picture if you say cheese or a few other words. There were a few other voice commands also but I can't remember. I didn't really use this feature much but it was nice to have. Is it gone or am I just not finding it?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone ask this question so I will ask, is the voice command for apps still working on 4.1? In 4.0 it was under language and input. You could set your voice command on the camera to take a picture if you say cheese or a few other words. There were a few other voice commands also but I can't remember. I didn't really use this feature much but it was nice to have. Is it gone or am I just not finding it?

Samsung actually posted on Facebook yesterday that the voice commands for apps were part of the usability of the S3, listing the route to activate them. However, in 4.1.1, there is no path to activate voice commands for apps under Language and Input. I couldn't find an alternative method in the phone settings, nor anywhere else. So it seems we lost that capability with 4.1.1. Hopefully, that will be fixed soon or will be returned to us in 4.1.2. It certainly is extremely useful.

freddyd165

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Actually it's still there but you are correct it has been removed from the language and input. This was driving me crazy the other day (not
That it really ever worked all that well for me). Anyway, open s-voice by double pressing the home key (as if you we opening s-voice to ask a question). Once in S-voice press the menu (lower
Left key) and scroll down to control apps. That will bring you to the menu.

Last edited:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Actually it's still there but you are correct it has been removed from the language and input. Think was driving me crazy the other day (not
That it really ever worked all that well for me). Anyway, open siri by double pressing the home key (as if you we opening siri to ask a question). Once in siri press the menu (lower

Siri? Seriously?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for this. I don't really use this feature but it was driving me crazy thinking it might be gone. Lol. I never would have found it since I don't use S Voice either.

Sent from my Blue 32 GS3.

StuKar

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I was able to find the menu with your directions. Problem is that, while voice command used to work just fine in the camera, it still has stopped working, even with the Control apps switch turned on and after a reboot of the S III on 4.1.1. Please advise.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The voice commands for the camera work on mine. I don't remember where I set them, however, or even if I did set them.

I find it kind of a gimmick, though, with too much lag between speaking and the image capture to be very useful.

StuKar

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I find it kind of a gimmick, though, with too much lag between speaking and the image capture to be very useful.

Since, as far as I've seen, there's no remote control for the S III camera, it's useful for being in the photo at a distance from the camera (without using the timer).
Also useful to keep the camera stable by not having to press the shutter, which often moves the camera and blurs the photo.
Still looking for a fix to get the voice command back.

lemartymar13

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Actually it's still there but you are correct it has been removed from the language and input. This was driving me crazy the other day (not
That it really ever worked all that well for me). Anyway, open s-voice by double pressing the home key (as if you we opening s-voice to ask a question). Once in S-voice press the menu (lower
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2