Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ez Duzit
  • 1 Post By j_grouchy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Man of La Mancha

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

Question Preparing for my new SGIII from Evo

I will keep this short. I have a rooted evo, going tomorrow night or Friday and getting the SGIII for 49.
    I have a 32gb card right now in my evo, do I have to clear it all off or can I just slap it in my SGIII? I use player pro for my media right now, and I am happy with it.

Do I need to just make a back up, put all of the things on my cpu, and then put them back on the 32gb card once I clear it and put it in the new phone?

Any help would be appreciated.

I plan on rooting the sgIII just not right away.

Default Re: Preparing for my new SGIII from Evo

Best to start a new phone without a cluttered sd card. Backup your apps with Titanium (or whatever app you use), then backup the whole card to the pc. [Keep in mind the app backups you make will only be used to reinstall data.]
    Format the sd card on your pc. Format with fat32 and you're guaranteed no problems. If you need one, you can use an app like sd-formatter.

After you've turned on the phone with the freshly formatted card, add back just the things you want. Don't reinstall any apps from the backups. You need to reinstall them from play-store (or amazon app store), or they may not work properly. It's actually pretty easy if you go the playstore on your pc, and log in with your google account. You can see all the apps that you had previously downloaded and select which ones you want to reinstall, then just install them remotely from the playstore. (I love this feature)
    After your apps are reinstalled, then you can use the backups you made to reinstall the data.
    I'll be doing the same thing, because when Sprint starts the sale on Thursday, I'll be ordering mine. (It'll be after midnight when I get home from work tomorrow so I should be able to log on and order it then.)

Have fun with your phone.
    Last edited by Ez Duzit; 11-21-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Man of La Mancha

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

I am tempted to go to Best Buy instead of ordering online. How long do you think it will take if I order online?
    I am guessing a few days...I guess I am impatient

I am looking forward to playing with the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by coachpelkey View Post
    I am tempted to go to Best Buy instead of ordering online. How long do you think it will take if I order online?
    I am guessing a few days...I guess I am impatient

I am looking forward to playing with the phone.
    It usually takes two business days for online orders from Sprint.

I broke down and went to Radio Shack today for their deal. $100...BUT...they give you a $50 Play store credit and they also give you a $10 coupon for every $50 you spend. Once I added in the $11 (discounted) micro SD and Otterbox case, I can look forward to getting $30 back. Not QUITE the same as only having to shell out $50 up front, but it all works out to be approximately the same...PLUS I don't have to do any shopping on black friday!

I gotta say...this thing is a HUUUUUGE improvement on my NS4G. I was starting to think Android was just laggy and weak...but it was the phone itself all along. I'm very pleased with this so far.
    Skunkape60 likes this.