Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Anyone getting a new Galaxy S3 Thursday or Fri?

Hey I found it I appreciate it thanks!

Default Anyone getting a new Galaxy S3 Thursday or Fri?

The $50 google play credit was the icing on the cake! Used it today to purchase Nova Launcher Prime

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Where did you get your phones from? Sprint Customer service? They gave you the phone for $.99 plus a $100 retention billing credit? I went through a Sam's Club and got mine for $.96 and no activation fee, but didn't hear anything about any $50 Google Play credit. Is that only offered through Radio Shack or something?

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Got mine today at Sams for. 99 cents. No learning curve for me since I have had one since July on vzw.

My biggest surprise was how much lte coverage I have. I know it is better than average but the only place I do not have it is at home

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    I thought you were in the Note 2 forum? Did you change to G3 from the GN2? Anyway I got my gf a GS3 for $49.00 at best buy on Saturday n didn't have to wait in line. She's liking it so far!

I order my G3 online from Sprint on Thanksgiving but didn't see anything about a $50 Google Play credit. Anyone know if online orders qualify for the credit too? I'm also being charged the activation fee and paid $49 for the phone (not .99). Did I miss even more there? Wondering if I should call the retention dept too - I've been with Sprint for almost 10 years, you'd think they would reward loyalty...

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Same here, didn't get any credit or anything and got charged the upgrade fee etc.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by debraae View Post
    I order my G3 online from Sprint on Thanksgiving but didn't see anything about a $50 Google Play credit. Anyone know if online orders qualify for the credit too? I'm also being charged the activation fee and paid $49 for the phone (not .99). Did I miss even more there? Wondering if I should call the retention dept too - I've been with Sprint for almost 10 years, you'd think they would reward loyalty...
    The activation fee will be refunded after a month...

Thanked by:

Default Anyone getting a new Galaxy S3 Thursday or Fri?

As far as I know, the Google Play credit was only through Radio Shack, which is where I bought mine
    Thanked by:
    Retired Ambassador

I came very close to getting an AT&T GS3 on Friday for at best buy but couldn't justify the cost of the plan.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Global Posts
    1,968 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    I came very close to getting an AT&T GS3 on Friday for at best buy but couldn't justify the cost of the plan.
    :O what would we do without our precious Sprint Android rooting mogul?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

If I remember right, he was gonna have both

Thanked by:
    Skunkape60 likes this.

My Best Buy in Jefferson City was sold out of SIII s before I had a chance to get near the building. Knew not to bother with Kansas City, but made it to Owasso, OK, parked my rig in their dock, and quickly found that they still had stock.

The device already had an Invisible Shield HD installed, as this store did a bunch of them at a discount, and getting $10 off the price of it wasn't bad, either. Noow to get a case on it before the edges get muffed up. I do like my SIII!
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    Retired Ambassador

Absolutely....
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,968 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

*face palm* Doh :screwy:

Got one for $49 on the thanksgiving sale. Loving the phone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ez Duzit View Post
    I'll be ordering mine as soon as I get home from work tonight since it'll be well after midnight. Already ordered the Seidio Active case along with a screen protector, and car charger.
    Can't wait to get my new S3. My poor little overworked Optimus S is anxious to get retired.
    I also just upgraded from the optimus S. Loving the new galaxy s3. Blows the optimus out of the water

Quote Originally Posted by AthieN View Post
    Just ordered mine from Sprint's retention department. Called them because I didn't want to deal with the madhouse of Black Friday shoppers, but I still wanted the phone for $.99 cents. Not only did they honor the price, but they also gave me $25 credit for 4 months because I mentioned it didn't seem right for them to charge me $10/month for premium data when I live in a 3G area. And on top of that, they waived the activation fee and gave me free overnight shipping. Sprint's customer service is bar-none if you know the right area(s) to call.
    I do not have 4g in my area. What numbers did you dial so I can fight this as well. I'm being charged and not receiving 4g. My 3g is slow here

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroRom

Quote Originally Posted by mdwright1032 View Post
    I do not have 4g in my area. What numbers did you dial so I can fight this as well. I'm being charged and not receiving 4g. My 3g is slow here
    I called *2, option 5,4,5 (i believe) to get to their cancellations/retentions department. The reps in this area have a lot of power to offer discounts, credits, etc. without needing management approval, with system restrictions of course (I'll explain later). But keep the following in mind - they hear people griping all day, every day about wanting to cancel for one reason or another so you need to play your cards right. Be courteous to the rep and most importantly - PLAY DUMB!

When I got the rep on the line, I asked her how long it takes to transfer your phone number over to another carrier if you want to cancel your service (obviously making her think I was dumb by asking that because we all know it's called porting, and isn't up to your current carrier lol)... She answered my question and then asked the million dollar one - why I was considering leaving? I told her what I said in my previous post and that's when she made her retentions offer.

I'm sure everyone's mileage will vary with this. There are a lot of variables involved when it comes to their retention offers (ie. length left of contract, how long you've been a customer, payment history, etc.) and the system does limit what they can/can't offer people, so if they don't give you what you are asking for that could be why. One thing I've learned in my dealings with Sprint is that you never want to say that they offered this to someone else and question why they aren't offering it to you, because 9 times out of 10 they will note it on your account and you'll be forever disqualified from any retention offers... Just ask them what they can do and they'll tell you. They make commission on retentions so they are just as motivated to give you something that'll keep you around than you are.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12