Lock screen image

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Probably a stupid question...trying to change my lock screen, but I only seem to be able to change it to one of the preloaded wallpapers. When I try to change it to an image from my library, it doesn't change. What am I missing? Does the image have to be in a certain folder/directory?

makris0000

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Not that I know of. If you find the picture you want as your lock screen, you click on set as and then click lock screen. You will size it and then you will have your new lock screen background. Thats how I change my background pictures.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
You must use the gallery app and also must crop picture with the gallery app...

I do all that...but it still won't change. The only time I am able to change it is when I select it from the "wallpapers" menu...that set of six or so nature-themed images.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Not that I know of. If you find the picture you want as your lock screen, you click on set as and then click lock screen. You will size it and then you will have your new lock screen background. Thats how I change my background pictures.

Doesn't work...

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Really? I'm the only person with this problem? Over on XDA, someone said they had this problem on their GNote 2...but no mention of it in relation to the GS3. I've tried clearing the Gallery cache and clearing data...but it didn't help. The dandelion is cool and all...but I like some variety beyond the five stock images...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Try this...

1. Open a picture in the gallery.
2. Press Menu button (to the left of your home button)
3. Set as
4. Lockscreen or homescreen or both.
5. Use gallery to crop. Hit done in top right corner.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Try this...

1. Open a picture in the gallery.
2. Press Menu button (to the left of your home button)
3. Set as
4. Lockscreen or homescreen or both.
5. Use gallery to crop. Hit done in top right corner.

Well, I HAD tried that before...but just to say that I followed your advice I tried again.

Nothing...still doesn't work.

Also tried rebooting the phone...just in case it was something weird that might be fixed by doing that (wouldn't be the first time...my NS4G sure did get buggy).

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, I HAD tried that before...but just to say that I followed your advice I tried again.

Nothing...still doesn't work.

Also tried rebooting the phone...just in case it was something weird that might be fixed by doing that (wouldn't be the first time...my NS4G sure did get buggy).

I think I see a factory reset in your future.

the_mastermind

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather not. Hardly seems worth the trouble...it's an annoyance, one I thought might be fixed without having to go back through settiing the phone up again

Have you tried it through the stock gallery? I tried to do it with quickpic and it didnt work, then did it again through the stock gallery and it worked.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried it through the stock gallery? I tried to do it with quickpic and it didnt work, then did it again through the stock gallery and it worked.

This is correct. You must use the Stock Gallery App. I forgot to mention that in my earlier reply.

You did mention it...I tried it...no success.

EDIT:
Okay...this is me right now.

Simpson.jpg

What I was doing was going into the stock gallery app and saying 'set as'...but when I went to crop the picture for the lock screen, it was sending me over to QuickPic. I hadn't noticed it was doing that...just assuming it was staying in the stock gallery for cropping.

I cleared the defaults and then tried it and when I actually selected cropping via the stock gallery it worked!
Now I feel stupid for not noticing that subtle switch.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
You did mention it...I tried it...no success.

EDIT:
Okay...this is me right now.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zQh4wUzp4nQ/SLzXBF8_RpI/AAAAAAAAAbo/4mvq7vuy3TU/s400/Simpson.jpg

What I was doing was going into the stock gallery app and saying 'set as'...but when I went to crop the picture for the lock screen, it was sending me over to QuickPic. I hadn't noticed it was doing that...just assuming it was staying in the stock gallery for cropping.

I cleared the defaults and then tried it and when I actually selected cropping via the stock gallery it worked!
Now I feel stupid for not noticing that subtle switch.

Yup.. You probably chose always one time and didn't notice... :p

Rebecca Sultana

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey, how do i remove a default crop app because it just crops and saves and it isn't letting me to change the homescreen or locksreen background. Please help me because it is really frustrating

MaXXimus

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey, how do i remove a default crop app because it just crops and saves and it isn't letting me to change the homescreen or locksreen background. Please help me because it is really frustrating

To clear your defaults go to Settings > Application manager > All > Select the app you want to clear the default > Select clear defaults