Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fetterjohn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I wanna use my galaxy s3 but...

I took advantage of the Black Friday sale on the galaxy s3 and ordered one on the Sprint site. I should be getting it sometime next week, but there's one problem. I added a line to get it, but that's not the problem. I wanna put it on my primary line, but I don't have a spare phone to put it on, and I wanna give my current one to my friend. Can I just have the line sitting there without a phone or do I have to have a phone on it? I don't mind paying for the line, but I was hoping I can get around this. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Default Re: I wanna use my galaxy s3 but...

I had a similar issue with Verizon. The csr just checked the serial numbers of old phones i no longer had, and when he found one that wasn't active, he used that # to be "active" on that line. It was just a temporary fix.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Okay I see. Hopefully that works. I traded in my epic 4g a while ago bc I cracked it, so I'm pretty sure nobody is using it. Thanks though!

ROM
    CM9/Countershrike v. 2.3A

If you absolutely have to have a phone on that line, check out Craigslist in your area. I live in a large area and there are always ancient phones for sale that someone is looking for $5-$10 for. Might be worth a look. GL!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by datboyjfresh86 View Post
    I took advantage of the Black Friday sale on the galaxy s3 and ordered one on the Sprint site. I should be getting it sometime next week, but there's one problem. I added a line to get it, but that's not the problem. I wanna put it on my primary line, but I don't have a spare phone to put it on, and I wanna give my current one to my friend. Can I just have the line sitting there without a phone or do I have to have a phone on it? I don't mind paying for the line, but I was hoping I can get around this. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
    No, you do not have to have a phone on the other line. Sprint only cares that you are paying the bill...not that you use the service.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Oddly enough, followed my battle plan and was able to get my SIII at Best Buy on Friday night. Blows the Photon I had out of the water. One daughter ordered thru Sprint on Thursday, and will be getting hers this evening. She's torqued that I was able to be rockin' while she's been waiting.

Sprint says still back ordered for me. How is she getting hers so soon.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2