Can't Enable Voicemail app

tillerrw

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
So I've been using Google Voice exclusively on my S3 since I got it this past summer. I never used the Voicemail app that was provided and actually Disabled it to keep it hidden. For reasons I won't get into here I'm getting out of Google Voice. I went to Enable the Voicemail app and it won't let me, the button is grayed out. Did I screw something up by having the Voicemail app Disabled when the phone updated from ICS to JB?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

tillerrw

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
A quick update. I checked my wife's S3 and her voicemail app does not allow Disabling anymore. She has always used this app and it seems that during the JB update the option to Disable this app was removed.

Now I'm worried that my only option is to do a hard reset and start over. I hope someone out there has some other ideas.

Thanks

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
A quick update. I checked my wife's S3 and her voicemail app does not allow Disabling anymore. She has always used this app and it seems that during the JB update the option to Disable this app was removed.

Now I'm worried that my only option is to do a hard reset and start over. I hope someone out there has some other ideas.

Thanks

If you are rooted you can remove and reinstall it. Or unfreeze it with titanium backup. If you aren't rooted, you can try to enable it using "my backup".

tillerrw

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm not rooted.

Maybe I should have been more patient and I could have tried "My Backup". I just finally did a factory reset and now it's working. I have to set the phone back up but not a huge deal because I had most files on my SD card and/or Dropbox.

Thanks