Phone going directly to voicemail as if turned off

Bret69

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 new GSIIIs on my family's plan. Recently both started going directly to voicemail most of the time when a call is received. The phones are still on and appear to be active, but the calls don't come through. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix?
Thanks!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Try recycling the phone. Remove the battery and the SIM for a few minutes (while still on) if that doesn't work call your carrier and see if they can reset your voicemail. Might have a glitch in the system.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

daflake

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both had this problem with our iPhones where we lived. They worked great everywhere else, but would go directly to voice mail when we were at home. Contacted AT&T about it and they tried several things to fix the problem but never really got it resolved. It is likely not the phone but rather your carrier having a problem of some sort. I would give them a call and see what they can do.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 new GSIIIs on my family's plan. Recently both started going directly to voicemail most of the time when a call is received. The phones are still on and appear to be active, but the calls don't come through. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix?
Thanks!

Try going to system settings > system update > and update the PRL and also update the profile. Reboot after completing both then see if you can receive calls.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums