Developer Options NOT staying after reboot?

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Thanks to everyone in advance for any answers they might provide. I'm still trying to break in my S3 (running JB, stock rom, rooted) and noticed that my setting in Developer Options to have the screen stay awake while charging is not sticking after a reboot. Is it normal for developer options to not stay in between power downs/reboots/etc?

If not...any ideas on how I can keep that setting intact? My workaround was a kind of ugly widget that toggles system screen timeout setting between never and 60 seconds.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
There is no way to make the developers settings stick. They have not stuck on any version of android. I have also never seen any custom rom that could make them stick either. It is what it is....

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Good to know... Too bad Samsung simply won't add that option to their display options area. Seems like a basic enough setting to change.

Taegost

May 28, 2010
Visit site
There is no way to make the developers settings stick. They have not stuck on any version of android. I have also never seen any custom rom that could make them stick either. It is what it is....

That is incorrect, I enabled USB Debugging and it stays enabled between reboots. I've also had 4 different phones and over 2 dozen different ROMs, and it was never a problem until the S3...
At least they put the option to Stay Awake in with Jelly Bean, it didn't even exist in ICS on this phone...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
That is incorrect, I enabled USB Debugging and it stays enabled between reboots. I've also had 4 different phones and over 2 dozen different ROMs, and it was never a problem until the S3...
At least they put the option to Stay Awake in with Jelly Bean, it didn't even exist in ICS on this phone...

Yes usb debugging sticks just fine on my phone it must be your phone because it works on mine. I was really referring to some settings such as limit background processes. That is one that has never stuck on any of the 4 android phones I've had.

EVObastard

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
My stay awake won't stick after reboot either. I had an EVO that had stay awake so there were other versions that had it, never had a problem with it there though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I was just looking in Developer settings, and I don't see an option to stay awake any more. Stock 4.1.2 ROM. Did Google or Sprint take this option away in the latest update? Or does the option only appear when the phone is docked?

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 4.1.2 stock rom, and it's the second item listed for me. Stay awake - Screen will never sleep while charging. I've been using a settings toggle program to keep things awake when I plug it into the charger in the car.

What I'd really like is a way to stop the phone from dimming the screen...what a pain in the rear during the day. Pandora does something to keep the brightness up while it's active. Google Music...not so much. It's tough to see in the day time. I hate to keep poking the screen to see what the hell is playing.

SlackBlade

May 10, 2012
Visit site
My stay awake won't stick after reboot either. I had an EVO that had stay awake so there were other versions that had it, never had a problem with it there though.

I had an EVO and an EVO 4G LTE and they both had the stay awake feature. My S III does not stick. Developer mode stays on, screen on plugged in unchecks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair