Link Ringer Volume and Notification Volume

r2dtoo

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I just got my GS3 on Black Friday, and I LOVE it! I am coming from an EVO 3D. On the 3D (and every other smart phone that I've ever had), the ringer volume and notification volume were tied together. Is there a way to do this on the GS3? I usually turn down my volume at work, but noticed that my notification volume was still loud. I had to go in to the volume settings, and change the notification volume separately. Is there a wat to link the two volume controls together? This seems like a fairly simple thing to ask for.

rocket321

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has consistently kept ringer & notification volume's separate on the S1, S2, and now S3. I've looked around for a way to link them and the only answer I've found is run an AOSP ROM such as CM10. The other thing I've done is use a sound profile app such as Quick Profiles which makes changing all volume levels quick and easy (but not as easy as having those volume's linked!)

After a while I just gave up and put notification volume in the middle and adjust the ringer only...hope something here works for you.

r2dtoo

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks rocket321. I guess I'll have to look at some other options, or just do like you did.

Does anyone know if something could be set up in Tasker (or something similar) to automatically lower the volumes when I'm at work/church/etc.?

jmuscag

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
This app- ICS linked volume (from notquiteinsane). Does exactly that.Even works with JB. Only problem is that it doesnt disable the side volume rocker.
So i also downloaded an app called volume locker (from shopriant). Volume locker keeps it locked if i accidently press the side rocker.
Hope this helps

tiarosi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I use an app called SilentMode OnOff from Curvefish. It's in the Play Store. I love that app & keep it on my main screen. I had it on my Evo & now my GS3 & it works great. From the screen, tap it to go to vibrate, tap again to go to silent, tap again to return to regular mode. It's that easy to use rather than going into Settings, etc.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I use an app called SilentMode OnOff from Curvefish. It's in the Play Store. I love that app & keep it on my main screen. I had it on my Evo & now my GS3 & it works great. From the screen, tap it to go to vibrate, tap again to go to silent, tap again to return to regular mode. It's that easy to use rather than going into Settings, etc.

The GS3, at least the Sprint version, has this functionality built in. Slide down the notification shade and tap the speaker icon. It cycles between sound, vibrate and mute. No third party app necessary, no space for an icon needed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia