Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stock messaging app - need help

Ok so I've had the stock messaging app for months now. I like that while in a text I can put the phone up to my ear and it will automatically call the contact. I also like how when I get a text a notification comes on the lock screen showing how many texts I received. The only thing I am not pleased with is that 1. NO EMOJIS and 2. When I get a long text it comes in separately and NEVER IN ORDER. I am running stock GS3 on Sprint. I checked the option in settings to have long messages come in as a single message but it doesn't work.

So I went to Handcent. I love the emojis and the UI of the messaging app BUT, now I can't put my phone up to my ear to quickly call someone and now I do not get any number display on the handcent icon to show how many texts I got nor does it show the numbers of texts on the lock screen.

Anyone know some setting I can choose? I picked the pop up option on Handcent but it's just a text pop up. Not like the stock messaging app. I hate that I get one thing but loose another feature. Anyone know if Android will ever just get the damn emojis on the stock messaging app? If they had them I would never use Handcent. I feel it's draining my batter faster because now I am running two messaging apps. I know I can disable the stock mes app but then Handcent doesn't work. I can even set Handcent to default but then I don't receive messages!

Any input or tips would be helpful. I don't want to root/flash. I like being stock. FYI. Thanks in advance.

ALSO! I MADE A DUPLICATE OF THIS AND NO WHERE CAN I FIND HOW TO DELETE IT. SORRY, SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE. I LOOKED EVERYWHERE IN EDIT POST AND COULDNT FIND A DELETE BUTTON.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza's DeoDexed ROM

Default Re: Stock messaging app - need help

I know everything about the Stock messaging app. There is no way to implement emoji's into THAT stock messaging app unless you do it yourself (not worth the time). But you can get a CM10 mms.apk floating around here somewhere with emoji support I used to use it everyday, but I love the stock messaging UI.

Anymore questions just ask.

CARRIER: SPRINT
    DEVICE: SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
    ROM: FREEZA'S DEODEXED STOCK ROM
    KERNAL: KTOONEZ
    THEME: THE WAY I WANT IT! (MORPHOLOGY)
    MESSAGING APP: STOCK JOSHBEACHES THEMED TOUCHWIZ (FINALLY!!!)

ANYMORE QUESTIONS? LET ME KNOW!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks but I am not rooted I don't flash I prefer stock. Dang it. I just want emojis on the stock app. damn.

ROM
    aospCMod

Try using either:
    GO Keyboard with GO Emoji plugin
    Or
    Go SMS Pro messing app.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza's DeoDexed ROM

Quote Originally Posted by DILIG3NT View Post
    Thanks but I am not rooted I don't flash I prefer stock. Dang it. I just want emojis on the stock app. damn.
    I love stock rooted. Best Choice Imo amazing battery life plus everything I need. But there isn't a way unless rooted

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

CARRIER: SPRINT
    DEVICE: SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
    ROM: FREEZA'S DEODEXED STOCK ROM
    KERNAL: KTOONEZ
    THEME: THE WAY I WANT IT! (MORPHOLOGY)
    MESSAGING APP: STOCK JOSHBEACHES THEMED TOUCHWIZ (FINALLY!!!)

ANYMORE QUESTIONS? LET ME KNOW!