Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  • 1 Post By mak916
  • 1 Post By mak916
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung galaxy III (memory)

Right now i have a htc evo shift i can upgrade Jan 1st. i was thinking of getting the galaxy III my wife has the galaxy II and i enjoy using hers. But im scared about the memory aspect of the phone right now on my htc i have an 8gb card that still has 7gb+ on it but my internal memory is full and can't put some items on card so i keep getting low memory even though i got plent of space on card. My son as iphone 5 16GB all internal memory so no issue with his memory it all just saves to the 16GB, Is there something im doing wrong on my phone, i want the 32GB galaxy but would hate to have like 30GB available but cant use it just for pics and music

Default Re: Samsung galaxy III (memory)

The S3 has 16G internal storage and can hold up to a 64G external microSD card. Try to keep all downloaded applications, pictures and movies on the external card and allow as much room on the internal storage for apps that are need for the OS. As well, you have 2G of RAM on the S3...monitor that with the RAM manager and you are in great shape.

Right now I have 12G of available internal storage left and only 4G left on external. My phone sails through things like nothing.

I hope this helps...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

say i buy the 32GB for 250.00 (thats internal) i can sill buy an addional 32GB external for 64GB total for the whole phone.

I have a question about my G3 memory card also - I received the phone yesterday so I'm still playing with it. I backed up some apps on my memory card before removing it from my HTC Evo and installing it in my new G3. This included my text message, using the Handcent app. So, how do I go about getting those Handcent app text messages onto my G3? I've installed Handcent on the G3 - but I don't know what to do next... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by teddysjam View Post
    say i buy the 32GB for 250.00 (thats internal) i can sill buy an addional 32GB external for 64GB total for the whole phone.
    Actually you can jump up to a 64GB card if need be.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Actually you can jump up to a 64GB card if need be.
    wow!! so thats like 96GB of memory is there a certain micro card i should be looking for or is all of them just insert in slot and thats it.

When it comes to memory cards, I'll admit my current "up to date" knowledge of them is a bit rusty but do try and stick with the better brands and quality card. Its one of those areas where the saying goes " You get what you paid for " comes into play...

Basically because different grade cards access/write at different speeds so its something to pay attention to.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

I am not sure if you know this or not but with the S3 you can not save apps to your sd card. It will save your pictures to your sd card but not your apps. This is why I got the 32GB version.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    When it comes to memory cards, I'll admit my current "up to date" knowledge of them is a bit rusty but do try and stick with the better brands and quality card. Its one of those areas where the saying goes " You get what you paid for " comes into play...

Basically because different grade cards access/write at different speeds so its something to pay attention to.
    As you said, "you get what you pay for", so when it comes to memory cards, I always buy the highest "Class" card that I can. Right now I have a 16G class 10 card...read/write is faster and better when it comes to playing back high def movies that you take with your phone.

My 2 cents.

Exactly right. The S3 only recognizes yhe sd card as external memory, and you cannot move or store apps to the sd card. It will store just about everything else though. The 32 GB S3 gives you 26+ GB of usable memory. I have 110 apps on mine, and still have almost 20 GB free. I also have a 64 GB card installed (59+ GB usable). How large an sd card you get will depend on how many photos, music, etc., you want to store. Your backups can also be stored on the sd card. Whatever size card you get, make sure it's not a cheapie.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Ntchwaidumela; 11-27-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

T-Mobile Note 4
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast
    Gear 2 Neo

I also have a 64GB sd card in my phone. I have over 3000 pictures on it and some music. My internal memory is a little low because I have some games that are over 1GB. I still have almost 12GB of internal memory left out of 26GB. Yes I have many, many apps on my phone. lol
    Thanked by: