Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Useless Apps

    Just received my S3 and I'm wondering what apps I can get rid of? I don't really care for the Samsung apps like the game center or the chat, but what else can I remove?

    Thanks!
  2. #2  
    cbass6411's Avatar

    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza's DeoDexed ROM

    Default Re: Useless Apps

    You can remove anything..This isn't an apple device


    CARRIER: SPRINT
    DEVICE: SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
    ROM: FREEZA'S DEODEXED STOCK ROM
    KERNAL: KTOONEZ
    THEME: THE WAY I WANT IT! (MORPHOLOGY)
    MESSAGING APP: STOCK JOSHBEACHES THEMED TOUCHWIZ (FINALLY!!!)

    ANYMORE QUESTIONS? LET ME KNOW!
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Useless Apps

    Actually, go to Settings> Application Manager> All and go thru the list. You cannot uninstall everything, but there are a number of unnecessary apps that you can.
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Useless Apps

    For those that you cannot uninstall (unless you root) you can at least hide them so they dont annoy you everytime you see them. But make sure you turn off any of their background services. And you may have to do it all over after a soft reset.

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    Just a bit of pocket fuzz!
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Useless Apps

    Pocket_Fuzz - New to the G3. How do hide them and turn off the background services?
    Thanks!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Useless Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by Pocket_Fuzz View Post
    For those that you cannot uninstall (unless you root) you can at least hide them so they dont annoy you everytime you see them. But make sure you turn off any of their background services. And you may have to do it all over after a soft reset.
    I'd rather uninstall them, but i dont want to uninstall something I need for the phone to work.
  7. #7  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Useless Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Lite View Post
    I'd rather uninstall them, but i dont want to uninstall something I need for the phone to work.
    That's why I suggest using titanium backup pro to freeze them. They won't run and you won't see them but if you find something doesn't work right, just defrost and you're back in business.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Useless Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by debraae View Post
    Pocket_Fuzz - New to the G3. How do hide them and turn off the background services?
    Thanks!
    Settings>applications

    Then just click on the app and select disable. This turns it off.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  9. #9  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Useless Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Settings>applications

    Then just click on the app and select disable. This turns it off.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    It's been a long time since I've been stock but isn't there quite a few apps that have this feature disabled?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  10. #10  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Useless Apps

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    It's been a long time since I've been stock but isn't there quite a few apps that have this feature disabled?
    My SGS2 has it and I believe the S3 has it. And if it doesn't then as you suggested, go for rooting and Titanium Backup. It's da bomb.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Useless Apps

    Thanks Skunkape60 I forgot about the whole freezing feature with Titanium. I will give that a shot.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Useless Apps

    If you're really hardcore, you can check out this link



    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Similar Threads

  1. Latitude update interval is useless, better app?
    By roberte1342 in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 05:08 AM
  2. Good apps, useful apps, and USELESS apps?
    By azgunner14 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2011, 11:58 PM
  3. DLNA app pretty much useless on-phone?
    By dLo GSR in forum AT&T ATRIX
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 02:02 PM
  4. Get rid of useless apps?
    By panamamike in forum Barnes & Noble Nook Color
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 12:51 AM
  5. Useless apps
    By stvsherrod in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 09:20 AM

Posting Permissions

B