Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ladyc0524
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Jelly Bean

Hi i live in California haven't gotten the jb update anyone have same issue.

Default Re: Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by nycinter#AC View Post
    Hi i live in California haven't gotten the jb update anyone have same issue.
    I live in Ohio and haven't gotten the update, either.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I called sprint and was told that, the jb update comes from Google, and that sprint has nothing to do with it. Also if you go into sprint Zone then device I see a tile that says Google software update is available, but when I press on it it only updates prl

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    ROM
    N/A

I am in the Sacramento, Ca. area and received it on Monday. I waited until 6:00 PM PST to install it just in case something went wrong and would be stuck without my phone all day. The install was fast and smooth. Some of the settings changed (small changes) but other then that it was flawless.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    Samsung Galaxy S3

I picked my SIII up Friday and it updated while I was setting it up. I was on JB in the first hour, which was nice.

Default Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    I picked my SIII up Friday and it updated while I was setting it up. I was on JB in the first hour, which was nice.
    Same thing happened with me!
    BergerKing likes this.

You can download it manually and install it no need to wait.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    mcasas 

Where you live has no bearing on updates whatsoever it is all done randomly. ChrisLuce I also live in Sac town! I see you live in Roseville I used to live out there.

Another way that works sometimes is this, it might take quite a few times to make it work but it should eventually. Go to settings>application manager>select all apps by scrolling all the way to the right>scroll down to Google Services Framework>then clear data and force stop>back out and go to system update>and select update firmware and Samsung software it should say last update was in 1969. I did this on my nexus 7 for the 4.2 update and it worked after a few tries. Hope this works, if not the qbking77 video is really easy to do also, all you need is a microsd card.

Exactly what I did got tired of waiting so I used the Google framework method it worked like a charm the first time with nary a problem except it removed my voicemail shortcut but I corrected that putting it back on since then no other problem. Highly recommend if like me you get impatient on waiting.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    ROM
    N/A

GiantJay,

Right on, I am still in Roseville!!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

I have yet to get the JB update as well. My hubby got the update sometime last week and I thought mine would come through shortly but no such luck as of yet!
    You determine a persons greatness by what it takes to discourage them!!!

MsL80
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by msl80 View Post
    I have yet to get the JB update as well. My hubby got the update sometime last week and I thought mine would come through shortly but no such luck as of yet!
    Have you tried the Google framework trick yet? Guy at work got his update yesterday. He did the Google framework trick every day for the past 3 weeks. Do you think it finally worked? Or was it his time? It would hurt to try though...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    I got mine in the mail a couple of days ago. It had JB on it already.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Hey guy's do the following to get JB if it has not been pushed to you. Posted this several weeks ago:

Hey everyone jones'n for JB! As described previously, follow the directions of this link and you will have JB. Did it on my wife's S3 last night and my son's tonight. First try. No rooting or the such. Works like a charm. Merely fools the Sprint servers into thinking your phone is next in line for the update.

Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by parout66 View Post
    Hey guy's do the following to get JB if it has not been pushed to you. Posted this several weeks ago:

Hey everyone jones'n for JB! As described previously, follow the directions of this link and you will have JB. Did it on my wife's S3 last night and my son's tonight. First try. No rooting or the such. Works like a charm. Merely fools the Sprint servers into thinking your phone is next in line for the update.

See the post made 2 spots before you.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    See the post made 2 spots before you.
    Got it spunkape. Just want to ensure that those who haven't had it pushed have the info to get JB. Not trying to win a medal here. Additionally, many users may not be as technically in tune to do this without specific directions. Thus the link. Enjoy.