Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rcrdude64
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Deadly_Poison630's Avatar

    Posts
    255 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Google Play Music vs iPod Touch?

    So my SD is toast . I'm having difficulty choosing whether stream my music from the cloud in Google play music or carry around my iPod.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by Deadly_Poison630; 11-29-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Google Play Music vs iPod Touch?

    You're on sprint. Put that unlimited data to use.

    Sent from my Galaxy S3
    McPlot likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Google Play Music vs iPod Touch?

    Here, here; take advantage of the Sprint plan. However, leverage apps like Spotify and Audiogalaxy to stream your music housed on your home PC.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Google Play Music vs iPod Touch?

    I run Spotify almost every day. Best thing I've paid for since buying this phone.

    Sent from my Galaxy S3
  5. #5  
    cbass6411's Avatar

    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza's DeoDexed ROM

    Default Re: Google Play Music vs iPod Touch?

    PandoraOne is worth the 4$ a month


    CARRIER: SPRINT
    DEVICE: SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
    ROM: FREEZA'S DEODEXED STOCK ROM
    KERNAL: KTOONEZ
    THEME: THE WAY I WANT IT! (MORPHOLOGY)
    MESSAGING APP: STOCK JOSHBEACHES THEMED TOUCHWIZ (FINALLY!!!)

    ANYMORE QUESTIONS? LET ME KNOW!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Deadly_Poison630's Avatar

    Posts
    255 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Google Play Music vs iPod Touch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rcrdude64 View Post
    You're on sprint. Put that unlimited data to use.

    Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Lol I guess you're right.
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Google Play Music vs iPod Touch?

    I don't get fast enough data to stream most of the time around where I live, it's very annoying.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  8. #8  
    Cigar-Junkie's Avatar

    Posts
    551 Posts
    Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Google Play Music vs iPod Touch?

    Quote Originally Posted by cbass17 View Post
    PandoraOne is worth the 4$ a month
    +1 I was using and so happy with Pandora I felt the need to give him some money. No ads and more skips is icing on the cake.

    I am also enjoying the quick mix on my Google play account too.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Google Play Music vs iPod Touch?

    I subscribed to Pandora a couple years ago. It's a great product for a very fair price. It keeps getting better and I feel that is well worth my hard-earned money. I am happy to renew each year.

    As for Google Music (I can't wait for Sprint/Samsung/Google to figure out the issues that exist for the S3), I have been streaming my music library from Google for awhile...since they started offering the opportunity and I had my EVO OG I have all my stuff uploaded and can play it anywhere. I love that. I have so much music that a lot of times, I don't have a chance to really enjoy all of it. Shuffling the library around during my commute makes for an enjoyable and pleasantly surprising listening experience.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Deadly_Poison630's Avatar

    Posts
    255 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Google Play Music vs iPod Touch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ytsejamer1 View Post
    I subscribed to Pandora a couple years ago. It's a great product for a very fair price. It keeps getting better and I feel that is well worth my hard-earned money. I am happy to renew each year.

    As for Google Music (I can't wait for Sprint/Samsung/Google to figure out the issues that exist for the S3), I have been streaming my music library from Google for awhile...since they started offering the opportunity and I had my EVO OG I have all my stuff uploaded and can play it anywhere. I love that. I have so much music that a lot of times, I don't have a chance to really enjoy all of it. Shuffling the library around during my commute makes for an enjoyable and pleasantly surprising listening experience.
    What issue are you talking about?
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Google Play Music vs iPod Touch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_Poison630 View Post
    What issue are you talking about?
    The issues I refer to are the following:
    When listening to an album or instant/random mix, it'll play the first three tracks before the application becomes unresponsive. The menu, back, pause/play, track forward functions - all functions really, become unresponsive. I have to force stop the app before it works again.

    On occasion when listening to those first couple tracks, the first track plays normally through my AUX jack (ie, plugged into the car), the second track will for whatever reason, play through the phone speaker. I have to disconnect the cable and plug it back in for it to work normally. Of course the music stops (which is fine...i understand why it would stop on changing of output options), and I have to restart it...AND of course all the volume settings (because Samsung is stupid with how it handles volume settings). It's fairly unsafe in the car fiddling with all this stuff, just for a basic use of such a device in the car environment.

    If you look at the Google Music app comments for folks with the Samsung, they're having similar issues. I've opened a ticket with Google on it, providing feedback. I've also removed the new music app and the old stock JB version of Google Music (4.3.something) works normally.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Deadly_Poison630's Avatar

    Posts
    255 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Google Play Music vs iPod Touch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ytsejamer1 View Post
    The issues I refer to are the following:
    When listening to an album or instant/random mix, it'll play the first three tracks before the application becomes unresponsive. The menu, back, pause/play, track forward functions - all functions really, become unresponsive. I have to force stop the app before it works again.

    On occasion when listening to those first couple tracks, the first track plays normally through my AUX jack (ie, plugged into the car), the second track will for whatever reason, play through the phone speaker. I have to disconnect the cable and plug it back in for it to work normally. Of course the music stops (which is fine...i understand why it would stop on changing of output options), and I have to restart it...AND of course all the volume settings (because Samsung is stupid with how it handles volume settings). It's fairly unsafe in the car fiddling with all this stuff, just for a basic use of such a device in the car environment.

    If you look at the Google Music app comments for folks with the Samsung, they're having similar issues. I've opened a ticket with Google on it, providing feedback. I've also removed the new music app and the old stock JB version of Google Music (4.3.something) works normally.
    Just took the app for a spin. I'm not having any of the issues you've mentioned, at least not now. Other than having to wait a bit for a song to load (the longest I had to wait was almost a full minute), it feels great not having to carry a second device (my 4th gen ipod touch) just to listen to music.
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Google Play Music vs iPod Touch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_Poison630 View Post
    Just took the app for a spin. I'm not having any of the issues you've mentioned, at least not now. Other than having to wait a bit for a song to load (the longest I had to wait was almost a full minute), it feels great not having to carry a second device (my 4th gen ipod touch) just to listen to music.
    Yeah, I'm starting to think that I should do a factory wipe back to a clean JB. My phone came with ICS and I upgraded before doing anything else. I should have done a factory reset at that stage, then moved forward.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    Deadly_Poison630's Avatar

    Posts
    255 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Google Play Music vs iPod Touch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ytsejamer1 View Post
    Yeah, I'm starting to think that I should do a factory wipe back to a clean JB. My phone came with ICS and I upgraded before doing anything else. I should have done a factory reset at that stage, then moved forward.
    Try that and see how it works.
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)

Similar Threads

  1. Vlingo and Google Play Music
    By courtneyp85 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 12:41 AM
  2. [MOD]Google Play Music[BEATS]
    By l Monster l in forum Sprint LG Marquee
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 12:45 AM
  3. Google Play Music App Modded
    By inmenzo27 in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 02:41 PM
  4. Google Play Music App
    By omahawk in forum AT&T ATRIX 2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 12:00 PM
  5. Moving music from iPod Touch to Charge
    By tkm20 in forum Verizon Droid Charge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 09:32 AM

Posting Permissions

B