- 1 Posts
Messaging to a group
Just got my new GS3 today (came from an HTC Evo). I regularly (daily) send text messages to a group with 26 people. It is a necessary part of my job.
It was obvious when I went to send a text that you can only select my text is sent to only 10 contacts in my group. (which, by the way, really sucks)
I loaded Go SMS and sent the same text to the 26 person group. Even Go SMS only sent the message to the first 10 people. The forum reading I had done said Go SMS would be able to send to a larger group.
What am I missing? The fact that even Go SMS only sent to 10, made me think I have an option unchecked in my phone that is limiting me.
I would greatly appreciate help or advice on (1) fixing Stock Messaging or (2) finding an app that will text to more than 10 contacts at ONE time.
- 12-03-2012, 03:38 AM #2
- 12-03-2012, 07:47 AM #3
- 12-03-2012, 09:27 AM #4
Re: Messaging to a group
I use an app called Groupy which works fantastic for me. I've used it on every Android phone I've had going back to the Epic and it works without issue. I send group texts daily ranging from 20-160 people. Only catch is (as far as I know) it will only do up to the 160 character limit. It lets you go over but I don't think it sends properly.
Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
- By Fat Fingers in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 7Last Post: 09-24-2016, 05:34 PM
- By azjerry in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 9Last Post: 01-11-2016, 03:54 PM
- By jackrabbit in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 40Last Post: 07-22-2015, 10:37 AM
- By fawnintx in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 7Last Post: 01-23-2014, 03:23 PM
- By playa1257 in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 3Last Post: 01-13-2012, 09:47 AM