Sprint 4G LTE: San Francisco
As I type this, I'm tethering from my Galaxy S3 using what appears to be 4G LTE in San Francisco. This is the 2nd night in a row that I've noticed the "4G" icon illuminated. I ran the SpeedTest app a couple of times after noticing my "4G" icon illuminate in my house. Does the Galaxy have an "LTE" icon or does this 4G icon indicate LTE? The speeds are decent-- ~9Mbps download/ 5.23Mbps upload. I've been waiting patiently for Sprint to get its act together for LTE service in the SF Bay Area and considered Verizon but with the announcements slowly rolling out, I thought to give it another 6 months to see if they'd deliver on their goal of LTE service by March. This looks promising if this is comparable to speeds seen in SF with AT&T and Verizon.
- 12-01-2012, 12:13 PM #2
- 12-01-2012, 12:41 PM #3
- 270 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint 4G LTE: San Francisco
And if you're interested in where the 4G is in the bay, I'd suggest the Sensorly app.. User generated data about where 4G coverage is.. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eS52aWV3ZXIiXQ..
- 01-06-2013, 10:52 AM #4
- By wgregory in forum SprintReplies: 13Last Post: 07-02-2012, 06:27 PM
- By tonyko in forum SprintReplies: 2Last Post: 12-28-2011, 07:21 PM
- By Devtodi in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 6Last Post: 01-01-2011, 01:28 PM
- By ostrange in forum SprintReplies: 6Last Post: 06-15-2010, 02:32 AM
- By ostrange in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 6Last Post: 06-15-2010, 02:32 AM