Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Two new S3s' with different firmware. Help.

So I ordered both phones (wife and i) through Amazon. I one arrives a day earlier and it's my wife's. Her firmware is 4.0.4

Mine arrives with 4.1.1 so as much as I check for an update on hers, and nothing appears.

What should I do??

Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Two new S3s' with different firmware. Help.

Wait.
    The phone still works.. Eventually the system will push the update to the 4.0.4 phone.

Do this to get the update right now, it might take a few times to make it work but it should eventually. Go to settings>application manager>select all apps by scrolling all the way to the right>scroll down to Google Services Framework>then clear data and force stop>back out and go to system update>and select update firmware and Samsung software it should say last update was in 1969. If it doesn't work the first time keep doing it.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by GiantJay View Post
    Do this to get the update right now, it might take a few times to make it work but it should eventually. Go to settings>application manager>select all apps by scrolling all the way to the right>scroll down to Google Services Framework>then clear data and force stop>back out and go to system update>and select update firmware and Samsung software it should say last update was in 1969. If it doesn't work the first time keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    Wait.
    The phone still works.. Eventually the system will push the update to the 4.0.4 phone.
    Hmm thanks!
    Why would this happen on the same phone, and same company bought at the same time??

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by ttwiitch View Post
    Hmm thanks!
    Why would this happen on the same phone, and same company bought at the same time??

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    It depends on how long it's been in the box and in the warehouse. If an update comes out while a phone is sitting in the warehouse, it will not get any updates. The other phone may be a different lot. And may have just come from the factory and is currently up to date.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    It depends on how long it's been in the box and in the warehouse. If an update comes out while a phone is sitting in the warehouse, it will not get any updates. The other phone may be a different lot. And may have just come from the factory and is currently up to date.
    Makes sense...

Sent from my Galaxy S3