1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Default From your phone... to your TV?!

Is it possible to somehow (whether wireless or with a wire) see what you are doing on your phone, to your TV? Thanks.

Default Re: From your phone... to your TV?!

If you're one of the lucky ones with a Samsung Smart TV, you can S-Beam to the TV.. Otherwise, I believe you have to have an HDMI adapter hooked to an HDMI cord, which in turn is plugged into the HDTV..
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Quote Originally Posted by tat21985 View Post
    If you're one of the lucky ones with a Samsung Smart TV, you can S-Beam to the TV.. Otherwise, I believe you have to have an HDMI adapter hooked to an HDMI cord, which in turn is plugged into the HDTV..
    I just have a regular 32" Samsung TV lol... where can I get the cords though? Thanks.

From the Samsung website.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

This is a direct link to the product page of Samsung where you'll find the adapter, and here's a helluva Easter Egg.. Register your phone on the Samsung website, and they'll give you 50% an accessory order through January 3rd, I believe is the date.. And you can get an HDMI cord at any electronic retailer..

Quote Originally Posted by tat21985 View Post
    .. And you can get an HDMI cord at any electronic retailer..
    Do you have any idea how much an HDMI cord costs at any electronic retailer?!?!

Monoprice.com is your friend people!!!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Will one work with my GS3?

Or .

Yeah, both of those will work..

MHL adapter.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Sweet thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    Will one work with my GS3?

Or .
    Damn, good find Joe!! I was just about to purchase some new cables for my new HT speakers I purchased! Now I can order this MHL adapter as well!!

BTW, you need to also get the 5 pin to 11 pin micro usb adapter for the MHL adapter from Monoprice to work with your S3.

well if you have an xbox, you can stream music, photos and video from your sgs3 as long as it's on the same wifi.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by ljbad View Post
    well if you have an xbox, you can stream music, photos and video from your sgs3 as long as it's on the same wifi.
    Cool I will have to look into this...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    BTW, you need to also get the 5 pin to 11 pin micro usb adapter for the MHL adapter from Monoprice to work with your S3.
    Do you have a link for this? I don't seem to be able to find it on their site. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    Do you have a link for this? I don't seem to be able to find it on their site. Thx
    I couldn't find it either. I saw a few posts in the reviews for the adapter on their site stating that you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    I couldn't find it either. I saw a few posts in the reviews for the adapter on their site stating that you needed it.
    Thx. I'd like to find it, since it's got to be cheaper than $30, which would equal the price of the Samsung cable that includes both pieces for $40...
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Wtf!! How, please share....?

The simplest way I found is go into the gallery app or video player app. there will be a tv screen with the number 1 in it at the top right hand corner right (in the gallery app) and in the upper left hand corner in video app. the second you press it it pops up on the tv through the xbox. I don't have DLNA turned on or any other settings that I can see other than wifi on. hope that helps. Sometimes it takes a couple of minutes for the icon with the 1 in it to appear. hope that helps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails From your phone... to your TV?!-2012-12-06-02.02.45.png   From your phone... to your TV?!-2012-12-06-02.01.00.jpg  
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Ohh yes I've done that before... But I'm saying if I wanna play a youtube video, not something that's already saved on my phone, I already knew you could do that lol.

Don't buy the cheap one's in amazon because Samsung has a propietary pin connection that won't work on those.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Retired Ambassador

Ohh yes I've done that before... But I'm saying if I wanna play a youtube video, not something that's already saved on my phone, I already knew you could do that lol.
    The Rolle YouTube app will download YouTube videos to your phone. Then you can play them.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

The simplest way I found is go into the gallery app or video player app. there will be a tv screen with the number 1 in it at the top right hand corner right (in the gallery app) and in the upper left hand corner in video app. the second you press it it pops up on the tv through the xbox. I don't have DLNA turned on or any other settings that I can see other than wifi on. hope that helps. Sometimes it takes a couple of minutes for the icon with the 1 in it to appear. hope that helps!
    Any idea if your Xbox will play various file formatted videos from your S3 like mkv, x264, etc..??

you can play video that is saved to your phone or sd card via the video player app, that is what the first pic is showing.

I have a UN46B8000 with the wifi dongle and every time I'm cycling thru pics or music I hit the All share button and it pops up on my tv lol I have a 32 inch lcd in my room but not a smart one. I work at electronics store and always want to upgrade but if anyone needs help with this gimme a holler lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums