S3 S-Beam with NFC

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I got a couple of backup batteries from eBay and I threw one in while at work to charge it up (the charger is at home) and I noticed that the stock Samsung battery says "Near Field Communication" on it. Does that mean that I cannot do the S-Beam thing to transfer pictures and stuff to my wife's S3 if we aren't using the stock battery?

Thank you all...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I got a couple of backup batteries from eBay and I threw one in while at work to charge it up (the charger is at home) and I noticed that the stock Samsung battery says "Near Field Communication" on it. Does that mean that I cannot do the S-Beam thing to transfer pictures and stuff to my wife's S3 if we aren't using the stock battery?

Thank you all...

This very well could be the case. The nfc antenna is on the battery. Many of the cheap ebay batteries do not have the antenna but then again some do. So if your spare batteries don't have the antenna then you won't be able to do anything nfc related while they are in your phone.

My suggestion would be to test them so you will know.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I made the mistake of buying a battery that I was told was an nfc capable battery but it didn't work.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a Gorilla Gadgets extended battery and standard one, both with NFC. Both work great and the prices are fantastic...$23.99 for the 4500 mAh w/backplate, available in 4 colors. No matter where you get extra/replacement batteries, just make sure they're NFC. Don't be cheap! Why would you buy a $200 phone, then skimp on the engine that keeps it running?

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a Gorilla Gadgets extended battery and standard one, both with NFC. Both work great and the prices are fantastic...$23.99 for the 4500 mAh w/backplate, available in 4 colors. No matter where you get extra/replacement batteries, just make sure they're NFC. Don't be cheap! Why would you buy a $200 phone, then skimp on the engine that keeps it running?

Because I'm cheap...and my phone was only $50. :-$ And the cheap eBay batteries always work well when needed (at the beach, Disneyland, airport etc)...I just didn't know about the NFC being part of the battery...pretty sneaky if you ask me.

CrowdedCranium

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Same story different twist. Got a pair of 2300mAh to augment the OEM 1850mAh on a trip. Just wondered if anybody saw an antennae for the antennae-less batteries that would stick on the side and jumper to the antennae jacks in the battery cradle? Hmm sounds like a 10c item I could manufacture and sell on eBay for a buck and a half. Just thinking out loud.