Airave equals no service?

JohnnyRanz

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
This is day 3 after changing from evo 4g lte (because that had connection problems everywhere) and nothing but always looking for service inside my house. Even out and about my phone loses service easily. Is this a case of bad luck and another phone problem or is this related to airave, or Sprint, or all of the above? Help!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Sykotc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Try updating your PRL & Profile in settings. I've got an airave at my house, no issues so far. Also, check to make sure you have 4 solid green lights on your Airave, if not then you might have an issue finding signal with the remote GPS antenna you place by a window.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the airrave in my house and have no problem in my house. But if I walk outside I loose my signal. This tells me it's working like it's supposed to.

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
All of our phones work fine. I bought my son a new GS3 and his would not connect. I have to log into my account on Sprint.com and at his number to be able to use the Airave.

Herduc

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the airrave in my house and have no problem in my house. But if I walk outside I loose my signal. This tells me it's working like it's supposed to.

I have no signal where I live, I had the air wave working with no issues so far. Using different phones.

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I have had the Airave for a couple of years...version 2.0 worked well with my S2 and her S (OG Epic) and then my wife got her S3...not compatible with the S3. So the Airave 2.5 was sent to me and that works great...when I got my S3 there have been no issues thus far.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
That's nice to know. It does make sense though.
For weeks, I would intermittently not be able to hear what the person on the other end was saying. I would find out that they could hear me fine. I was stumped. And even worse, it only happened some of the time. Then, by some miracle from God, I was able to ascertain that the only time this would happen is when I was downloading a torrent.
I put 2 and 2 together and was like ahhhhhhh you idiot! lol
Of course, I couldn't find any documentation in the airrave manual that said "If you're illegally downloading things at a high rate, this won't work".
I ended up either capping my DL speed on my torrent client, or pausing the downloads when my phone rang.
Eventually I went to Verizon Fios, and there's plenty of internet bandwidth to do both with no throttling.

JohnnyRanz

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Well everything seems to be fine now, but my phone sends many duplicate messages and I receive many in return. So frustrating. I love the phone but Sprint makes it difficult to live with the service. I live in a hurricane Sandy devastated area and heard its possible the towers around me are messed up, which might explain why my service sucks when I'm out and about. But the duplicates and late responses back are really pissing me off

mrfoo84

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I have problems with my call quality using my Airave. I called Sprint the other day and spoke with a tech. He sent me to a website 8x8.com and there is a VOIP test in the tools section. He said the jitter and the quality of service are the most important. If your quality is service is below 90% then your phone will not work very well. He then said there is problem with the internet provider and I needed to them and tell them the results. My QOS is usually about 50-60% which is why I am having trouble.

milliman

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
My Airave works great. I did update the PRL right after I brought the phone home. I have noticed once where the phone was on the cell site and not the Airave but it bounced back a few seconds later. Power cycling the Airave may help to get your device to re-register with it. The signal strength is not impacted by how busy your Internet connection may be. Yesterday I was measuring the performance of my network through the Airave, router, and switch and very quickly exhausted the capacity of the Airave but it never impacted signal strength just the quality of the call since frames were being dropped.

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I used to have the airrave back when I had an Optimus S. The problem was, our home handset base was near the router the airrave was plugged in to. Our home phone call quality was so bad, and we eventually figured out that it was the airrave that was screwing with it. Pity we had to return it, I really liked the signal boost.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance