Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Shutter sound. (probably asked before)

I think I got it.
    Last edited by mak916; 12-21-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
    I think I got it. How do I know when its done?
    I don't know, I've never done it this way as I am rooted. If you did it in odin and auto reboot was set to on then it should reboot by itself when done.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

I got it. It really works. Thanks for your help.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

sorry but still can't get it, got the one click downloaded and opened, put phone in download mode, plug phone into computer but nothing happens. Tried multiple times and same result, I hit start in the Odin one click and it says success 0 fail 0. Please help

When Odin open, look to see the word added where you see the failed at. You should also see a yellow box. When you see the yellow box press the start button. Then you should see a green box moving. It is showing you the download progress. Once it is finished you will know it is done.

Billard412,

This worked perfect after I realized the phone has to be turned off to access the download mode. Can't thank you enough!

Steve

Doe anyone know of a way to remove this from the phone? I am having some problems with my phone, unrelated to this, and I may need my phone replaced. I don't want Sprint to say that this is the cause of the problem. So is this reversible?

Download an app called camera jb+ you can turn off shutter sound

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I have used Camera JB+. Its works pretty well. I just prefer the stock app.

Quote Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
    Doe anyone know of a way to remove this from the phone? I am having some problems with my phone, unrelated to this, and I may need my phone replaced. I don't want Sprint to say that this is the cause of the problem. So is this reversible?
    I'm not sure what you're trying to remove. But if you want to unroot and return to stock, see this thread: [UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

I'm in the middle of downloading the file. Do I need the Odin one-click or is it part of the file? Thanks.

Its part of the file.

sweet thanks!

Hi all. Trying to follow the directions in this thread, but when I go to the download in the xda forums, I get this -

The file you requested was not found
    Lets see if we can find that for you...

Does anyone have another link to the file needed? Thx for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by bludvls33 View Post
    Hi all. Trying to follow the directions in this thread, but when I go to the download in the xda forums, I get this -

The file you requested was not found
    Lets see if we can find that for you...

Does anyone have another link to the file needed? Thx for the help.
    Go here and read post #87 and #88.
    4.1.2 On GS3 On Sprint
    Thanked by:

Ok, so I downloaded the file for the S3 16gb. Plugged into the cpu and put the GS3 in download mode. Odin started running with Android figure on screen and underneath it says Downloading...Do not turn off target!!

This has been going for 40 min now...should I be concerned?

Did you press the start button on the computer? You should see a green progress bar letting you know where you are in the installing process. I haven't done this new version yet, but I assume it's like the last one.

ROM
    MIUI with Persaus kernel

Quote Originally Posted by bludvls33 View Post
    Ok, so I downloaded the file for the S3 16gb. Plugged into the cpu and put the GS3 in download mode. Odin started running with Android figure on screen and underneath it says Downloading...Do not turn off target!!

This has been going for 40 min now...should I be concerned?
    sorry I didn't see this sooner I don't check my messages much on here. It sounds like your phone was not in dl mode (green android; do not turn off!) b4 you clicked start. Its ok to disconnect. Just try again. Be sure u see the small yellow box with COM:# before you start
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

So I have a question!!

I have now moved up to the Note 2 because my S3 has a lovely power button malfunction and I just needed an excuse to buy a new toy.
    ANYWAY.

I was curious to know if this odin one click method existed for the note 2 in order to reinstate the shutter toggle in the camera app.

Would prefer to not root the phone all together so if this one click can be replicated for the note I would be eternally grateful.

ROM
    MIUI with Persaus kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Rcrdude64 View Post
    So I have a question!!

I have now moved up to the Note 2 because my S3 has a lovely power button malfunction and I just needed an excuse to buy a new toy.
    ANYWAY.

I was curious to know if this odin one click method existed for the note 2 in order to reinstate the shutter toggle in the camera app.

Would prefer to not root the phone all together so if this one click can be replicated for the note I would be eternally grateful.
    [sprint only] toggle camera shutter sound no root

Quote Originally Posted by billard412 View Post
    sorry I didn't see this sooner I don't check my messages much on here. It sounds like your phone was not in dl mode (green android; do not turn off!) b4 you clicked start. Its ok to disconnect. Just try again. Be sure u see the small yellow box with COM:# before you start
    Sorry, got caught up with things and never got back around to trying again until today. The phone was in dl mode, had the green android. I ended up shutting it down and it was fine. I realize that last time I didnt start the file from my cpu. Now, I am trying again, put in DL mode, plugged in, ran the program. It asked for password, verified my phone was S3 16gb, and then when I clicked start, this is what I get -
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

No green progress bar, nothing else. Did it complete? Its been about 15 min already, and nothing has changed. Still showing the same box with the notes above, with Start button.

xda-developers - View Single Post - shutter sound? the link on this is broken. Does anyone have the new one?

xda was having forum issues for a while, but it seems to be back up now. However, here is the link to Billard's latest version: xda-developers - View Single Post - shutter sound?

This is easier and safer than his earlier approach, just make sure you use the right version depending on which phone model you have (16 GB or 32GB).
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12