Prob with 32gig MicroSD - thoughts?

jay28w

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Greetings! I am going through 32gig MicroSD cards like u wound'nt believe. Am on my 3rd one - each of mine die after about 8 hours to 2 days of use. The S3 simply says the card has been removed. When I put into my laptop it does not see the card at all. The SD seems fried.

It is a SanDisk microSDHC 32 GB Class 10. Fortunately Costco allows me to return for another each time.

I have not heard of any other probs w 32gig cards. May be a prob w/my S3?

Running rooted stock rom. Not overclocking and there does not seem to be extra heat.

Any other thoughts?

jay

Thrillhouse617

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
seems more likely to be the phone. One thing to think of is the class of card. Bigger isn't always better. Phones seem to like faster read/write for smaller files so check out the specs. I think I'm using a class 4 card with no issues

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
It's your phone. I hate to say this but you need to return it.
Had the same problem with my Evo 3D. It fried three 16Gb cards right before it dies itself.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

milliman

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with the previous posters that the problem is your phone. I brought my 32 GB card over from my EVO 3D without any problems other than not being able to have stuff stored on this card by default.

jay28w

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I tend to agree with you guys that it's the phone.

I just wonder what kind of hoops I'll need to go through to get it replaced.

Thanks for the input.

zangetsusx

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Think about buying a Samsung 32GB Class 10 MicroSD. I got mine on eBay for $19 and I haven't had any problems since I put it on my phone. I've heard this happening a lot to non-Samsung MicroSD cards.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon