Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By piizzadude
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bubble sounds when dialing numbers driving me nuts

So after spending the whole night getting the phone set up the only thing I can't figure out, (so far) is how to make the dialer keys make a normal tone when dialing a number. That stupid bubble sound is really annoying. I did get rid of the bloop bloop sound on the lock screen and a few other areas, but just can't figure out how to get the phone to make normal key tones when dialing. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person frustrated with this so any help is greatly appreciated.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Bubble sounds when dialing numbers driving me nuts

bring up the dialer, hit the menu key, then hit ringtones and keypad tones. You can turn the tones off there
    Thanked by 2:
    ChrisLuce#IM likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    bring up the dialer, hit the menu key, then hit ringtones and keypad tones. You can turn the tones off there
    Thnx for the response. I did turn off the tones there, but that just mutes the keys completely. Is there a way to make the dialer keys make a normal tone when you press them? (That short beep-tone that every phone you ever used makes when you press a key to dial a number.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ez Duzit View Post
    Thnx for the response. I did turn off the tones there, but that just mutes the keys completely. Is there a way to make the dialer keys make a normal tone when you press them? (That short beep-tone that every phone you ever used makes when you press a key to dial a number.)
    Sorry there isn't. You either get that crap sound or silence. I asked this very same thing months ago when I got my S3 and skunkape helped me out.

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

Use a third party dialer.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the responses. I guess on Stock rom there's no way to change it unless I use third party dialer as was suggested. I'll probably be looking at custom roms soon enough so I guess it's all just a moot point. Just wanted to get familiar with the stock phone so I can really appreciate the differences in a custom rom.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I also was struggling (going nuts!!!) to find out how to turn this sound off a few months ago myself and gave up!! Nice to know I can finally turn it off.....although I've kinda grown fond of the bubble sounds when I dial a number...lol!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I kinda have as well, but just recently switched it out (I am on a customize the phone kick).

On thing that I think should happen, but would be hard as hell to implement at this point, is a universal settings area. Won't happen since everything is so modular....

Think I found a way....settings......my device........sound........under system section, unclick dialing keypad tone.

Good luck