Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tat21985
  • 1 Post By Gator352
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Premium Suite upgrade

THIS is really exciting! Of course, with Samsung, it may be February before we get it, but the wait will be well worth it. The Multi-window looks handy, and the GPS photo tagging option to to add weather, location and all that? Pssh, I don't even need my digital camera anymore!
    Samsung's Galaxy S3 to get Premium Suite upgrade | Mobile - CNET News
    duddy23b likes this.

Default Re: Premium Suite upgrade

I feel the same too, it's exciting that our phone is still considered for such a upgrade I mean after all it is one of the very best phones out there and in my opinion will be for awhile.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I noticed that my phone has the "Easy Mode", "Lock Ticker", "Low Light", and "Talk Back", but none of the other features in the suite. Anyone else?
    Last edited by kalel114; 12-12-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by kalel114 View Post
    I noticed that my phone has the "Easy Mode", "Lock Ticker", "Low Light", and "Talk Back", but none of the other features in the suite. Anyone else?
    The suite isn't out yet...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    The suite isn't out yet...
    Then how do I already have those four features then? I was just wondering if they are rolling them out in phases and if others have them as well.

Edit: Added pics.
    Last edited by kalel114; 12-12-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Some features have been on the S3 since day one like Talk Back. The others were implemented in the Jelly Bean update I believe.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    Some features have been on the S3 since day one like Talk Back. The others were implemented in the Jelly Bean update I believe.
    And some are still coming...

And some are still coming...
    I hope so. I want the 4.2 lockscreen!!!

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Thanks for some actual info. Maybe you should be an "Advisor" rather than others. Lol.
    Retired Ambassador

I hope so. I want the 4.2 lockscreen!!!
    I don't use lock screens. I use pattern lock but find any additional steps a PITA. I do want the multi windows from the note... That's really the only thing I feel I'd use.

Global Posts
    2,075 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

I don't use lock screens. I use pattern lock but find any additional steps a PITA. I do want the multi windows from the note... That's really the only thing I feel I'd use.
    Widget locker is still better than the 4.2 lock screen. It's really awesome. But yeah I'm with you on the multi window skunk. That feature looks handy. Everything else I could live with out. No Sprint rom has got that working yet right?

Quote Originally Posted by kalel114 View Post
    Thanks for some actual info. Maybe you should be an "Advisor" rather than others. Lol.
    Thanks. But Skunkape does a hell of a job around here helping all of us out. He's the one I go to for advice!
    Last edited by Gator352; 12-13-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

See, if I could use widgets on the lockscreen, my need to access the phone on a regular basis would diminish greatly. Just kinda saves a step or two. The multi window feature sounds awsome and I would use that as well. I'm just concerned about performance when two taxing apps are up and running at the same time. To be honest.....I'm just glad Sammy (and Sprint) are actually supporting the S3 like they should!!!

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

The anticipation's killing me! When is Sprint gonna roll this out already?!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    The anticipation's killing me! When is Sprint gonna roll this out already?!
    When 4.3 is about to hit the Nexus.....

Anybody seen or heard anymore about this update? I know the UK has started getting. Just didn't know if the US was getting now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I read somewhere that if you get this update you will loose all your information and have to reload everything...is this true?? Also I have had my GS3 for about a week or so now and it does have some of the features mentioned here already. Question though, I have noticed that while reloading my app's some of them are on multiple pages....I don't understand why, and is this normal. Best I can tell there are 7 home screens, then if you hit the Apps icon there are 5 screens now in there. So I am seeing my app shortcuts in both places....

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by HamRadioNut View Post
    I read somewhere that if you get this update you will loose all your information and have to reload everything...is this true?? Also I have had my GS3 for about a week or so now and it does have some of the features mentioned here already. Question though, I have noticed that while reloading my app's some of them are on multiple pages....I don't understand why, and is this normal. Best I can tell there are 7 home screens, then if you hit the Apps icon there are 5 screens now in there. So I am seeing my app shortcuts in both places....

Thanks,
    It's a feature of TW and can be turned off. Right now, just delete the shortcuts on your homescreens because that's all they are...shortcuts. I'm looking to find the setting on how to turn it off. Once you turn it off, no shortcuts to any apps will be placed on your homescreen by default.