Default weather widget showing incorrect location

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Lately the weather widget has been showing the wrong location when I turn my phone on. While in Staten Island, NY the weather widget shows Bayonne, NJ. The two locations aren't that far apart from each other, but why is the widget showing Bayonne, NJ when that isn't where I am located. It will show the correct location if I refresh the data or if I wait the default of 4 hours for it to automatically refresh. Another instance is if I happen to be in Manhattan, the widget shows Bayonne, NJ instead of New York, NY. Is this happening because the phone is pulling a signal from a tower in Bayonne?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Lately the weather widget has been showing the wrong location when I turn my phone on. While in Staten Island, NY the weather widget shows Bayonne, NJ. The two locations aren't that far apart from each other, but why is the widget showing Bayonne, NJ when that isn't where I am located. It will show the correct location if I refresh the data or if I wait the default of 4 hours for it to automatically refresh. Another instance is if I happen to be in Manhattan, the widget shows Bayonne, NJ instead of New York, NY. Is this happening because the phone is pulling a signal from a tower in Bayonne?

Go to settings>Location services>make sure to check off sprint locations services and google location services

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
There are only three options under location services, and all three were already checked.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon