1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Default weather widget showing incorrect location

Lately the weather widget has been showing the wrong location when I turn my phone on. While in Staten Island, NY the weather widget shows Bayonne, NJ. The two locations aren't that far apart from each other, but why is the widget showing Bayonne, NJ when that isn't where I am located. It will show the correct location if I refresh the data or if I wait the default of 4 hours for it to automatically refresh. Another instance is if I happen to be in Manhattan, the widget shows Bayonne, NJ instead of New York, NY. Is this happening because the phone is pulling a signal from a tower in Bayonne?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Default weather widget showing incorrect location

Quote Originally Posted by cb2367 View Post
    Lately the weather widget has been showing the wrong location when I turn my phone on. While in Staten Island, NY the weather widget shows Bayonne, NJ. The two locations aren't that far apart from each other, but why is the widget showing Bayonne, NJ when that isn't where I am located. It will show the correct location if I refresh the data or if I wait the default of 4 hours for it to automatically refresh. Another instance is if I happen to be in Manhattan, the widget shows Bayonne, NJ instead of New York, NY. Is this happening because the phone is pulling a signal from a tower in Bayonne?
    Go to settings>Location services>make sure to check off sprint locations services and google location services
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Default weather widget showing incorrect location

There are only three options under location services, and all three were already checked.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums