Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: How do i get the stock clock/weather back on my Galaxy S3?

Okay, the same thing happened to me last night. I followed the instructions by long pressing the screen, and hit apps and widgets. It brought me to all my apps. I see no stock clock, no accurate weather, no weather. What now? How do I get my clock/weather back??? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Stark Thompson View Post
    Okay, the same thing happened to me last night. I followed the instructions by long pressing the screen, and hit apps and widgets. It brought me to all my apps. I see no stock clock, no accurate weather, no weather. What now? How do I get my clock/weather back??? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    When you do that, you need to select widgets. It is there around that last page of widgets.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked

Quote Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post
    Long press on the screen, you will see a menu pop up select apps and widgets, then select widgets, stock clock is in the last widgets panel, long press it to put it on your home screen.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes thank yooooouuu! I tried before, and ignorantly didn't switch the tab from apps to widgets, and was convinced I'd have to hard reset. Haha

Global Posts
    2,104 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock JB

You're welcome

I have a Galaxy Note 2 and can't find the stock clock either. It has the standard AccuWeather app with the clock but I want the original widget/app that I could tap on to get to alarm, world clock, stopwatch, timer, and the desk clock. To get to those options, I have to open the back clock face icon. I have Android version 4.3. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Chassquirrel View Post
    I want the original widget/app that I could tap on to get to alarm, world clock, stopwatch, timer, and the desk clock.
    You are looking in the widgets section, yes?
    Are you using a 3rd party launcher? If you are you won't be able to use the stock TouchWiz widget.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    You are looking in the widgets section, yes?
    Are you using a 3rd party launcher? If you are you won't be able to use the stock TouchWiz widget.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    First of all, I really appreciate your response. I am looking at the 'widgets section'. I am not using any kind of 3rd party launcher. I have heard about the 'TouchWiz widget but I don't know how to tell if my Verizon Note 2 uses it. How can I tell?

Quote Originally Posted by Chassquirrel View Post
    I have heard about the 'TouchWiz widget but I don't know how to tell if my Verizon Note 2 uses it. How can I tell?
    Sorry if I confused you - I was not referring to a widget named "TouchWiz widget", but merely referring to the fact that the stock weather widget only works on TouchWiz (that's the Samsung user interface). If you were using a 3rd party launcher then you'd also have to use a 3rd party weather widget.

Since that's not the case, you should be able to find the stock weather widget somewhere in the list of widgets. I understand that you have AccuWeather installed but that shouldn't remove the stock widget. You could try uninstalling AccuWeather just to see if it makes a difference.

Bless you! I have looked feverishly several times and never discovered how to get my weather and clock back. Thanks!

I lost my weather on home screen, how do I add it back

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by LOUISE thompson1 View Post
    I lost my weather on home screen, how do I add it back
    I heard that there was a hurricane sweeping through the area which probably blew it away.

Seriously though, you probably just deleted the widget by accident (or moved it to a different Home screen), so you just need to add it back again. Open your Application Drawer, select the Widgets tab, and look through the widgets until you find the weather one - then just long-press it and drag it to the Home screen.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Worked great for my S4.

Quote Originally Posted by wiredwoman2 View Post
    Thanks so much for the direction. I just purchased a Galaxy S4 and was getting frustrated.

Appreciate the help.
    Press and hold on a black space and click on widgets
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12