1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 Rooted Lots of Problems Please Help

I recently traded my iPhone 5 for a Galaxy s3. First off what a difference. Way better then the iPhone. Unforgently the person I traded the phone with filled to tell me that they rooted the phone. Not such a big problem considering all the extras you can do with it being rooted. I am seeing a lot of problems during game play on the device. For example Dead Trigger seems to lag really bad. Also sometimes as I'm typing on the device I will get lines going through the device but disappear in a few seconds. Sometimes the device will seem sluggish and slow even on wifi (running 40mbps). The phone is running android 4.1.1, Baseband L710VPBLJ7, Kernel Version 3.0.31-329968 Se. Infra@SEP-97-#1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Oct 16.

I am a newbie to the Android system root possess, I'm not sure if it's an older version that is causing this problem witch needs a update or what it can be. I have tried to disable the HW Overlay witch seem to work well for dead Trigger but after reading up online to my understanding it can cause problems with the system and is not recommended to keep disable. Plus video playback won't work with it disable. If anyone has any ideas that might help the system run better please let me. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 Rooted Lots of Problems Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by Sshaffer92 View Post
    I recently traded my iPhone 5 for a Galaxy s3. First off what a difference. Way better then the iPhone. Unforgently the person I traded the phone with filled to tell me that they rooted the phone. Not such a big problem considering all the extras you can do with it being rooted. I am seeing a lot of problems during game play on the device. For example Dead Trigger seems to lag really bad. Also sometimes as I'm typing on the device I will get lines going through the device but disappear in a few seconds. Sometimes the device will seem sluggish and slow even on wifi (running 40mbps). The phone is running android 4.1.1, Baseband L710VPBLJ7, Kernel Version 3.0.31-329968 Se. Infra@SEP-97-#1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Oct 16.

I am a newbie to the Android system root possess, I'm not sure if it's an older version that is causing this problem witch needs a update or what it can be. I have tried to disable the HW Overlay witch seem to work well for dead Trigger but after reading up online to my understanding it can cause problems with the system and is not recommended to keep disable. Plus video playback won't work with it disable. If anyone has any ideas that might help the system run better please let me. Thanks

You are up to date. The issues you are having is common. Many have reported the same issues during game play.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 Rooted Lots of Problems Please Help

Thank you for the reply. I hope it will be fixed in the near future.