I'm new to the Android world and was wondering if there is a way to, with each email, to delete a message from the phone only or delete a message from the phone and the server? I now have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and was a former Blackberry user. With a Blackberry, I had either option for each message and liked to delete certain messages off my phone but keep them on my email server so I could later reference them from my computer (or just totally delete the message altogether from phone and server)--so I wouldn't have as many messages to wade through on my phone. Is this a possibility for the Android email setup with multiple email accounts (or even one for that matter)? Thanks
    12-10-2012 12:39 PM
    I'm new to the Android world and was wondering if there is a way to, with each email, to delete a message from the phone only or delete a message from the phone and the server? I now have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and was a former Blackberry user. With a Blackberry, I had either option for each message and liked to delete certain messages off my phone but keep them on my email server so I could later reference them from my computer (or just totally delete the message altogether from phone and server)--so I wouldn't have as many messages to wade through on my phone. Is this a possibility for the Android email setup with multiple email accounts (or even one for that matter)? Thanks
    It defaults to working in sync (deleting from one deletes in the other). I don't know of any settings where you can change this. A work-around would be to create a folder to remove it from inbox and move it to a designated folder to read on your server or phone at a later time
    12-10-2012 03:45 PM
    I've been able to do this with every phone I've had, from Blackberry to Android, including my HTC DNA until a week ago when I had to reboot the whole darn thing to get an app working again. Now I see no setting that allows me to control for the first time ever.

What the heck happened to this VERY useful function?!
    09-19-2013 10:28 AM