Windows Media Player and GS3?

gijoecam

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to figure out why my GS3 is not playing nice with Windows Media Player. I cannot get WMP to see the device in any way, shape, or form. When I first plug it in, I get the Windows prompt to sync using WMP, explore files, or do nothing. No matter which option I select, WMP never recognizes it as a portable media device. It does show up in Windows Explorer as a media device named SPH-L710 which lets me open and explore either the phone or the SD card, so I can always drag and drop, but when sorting through tens of thousands of tracks, WMP makes it much easier to sync the selections I want.

Incidentally, this seems to be the case regardless of OS or the specific computer. At work, we're running Windows 7 (forget the edition, but corporate of some sort), at home we have a windows 7 Home edition, and one running WinXP Home. All three of them show the phone the same way: an explore-able media device in explorer, but never as a media device in WMP.

Any ideas? Thanks, gang!

gijoecam

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Ignore this... After an hour of screwing around with it, then typing this post, it showed up.... No rhyme or reason. It actually shows up as two separate media devices, one for the phone and one for the SD card...No irony lost here!!

gijoecam

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Aaaand it quit again. :( No idea why or how to correct it. of course, at work today, it seems to be working just dandy. Plugged in, and both devices appeared instantly... any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC