Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Duracell powermat...

Anyone use this or know someone that has? It looks very interesting... Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Duracell powermat...

Is it even made for Android? I have only ever seen it for iCrud

Yes. They have a charging case for the S3 to use with the wireless powermat. I'm sure it works.....I'm looking into getting one for my self but using it with my otterbox defender would be a pain....

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza's DeoDexed ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post

Yes. They have a charging case for the S3 to use with the wireless powermat. I'm sure it works.....I'm looking into getting one for my self but using it with my otterbox defender would be a pain....
    I thought the S3 didn't support wireless charging?

EDIT: Guess it does with the Powermat.

CARRIER: SPRINT
    DEVICE: SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
    ROM: FREEZA'S DEODEXED STOCK ROM
    KERNAL: KTOONEZ
    THEME: THE WAY I WANT IT! (MORPHOLOGY)
    MESSAGING APP: STOCK JOSHBEACHES THEMED TOUCHWIZ (FINALLY!!!)

ANYMORE QUESTIONS? LET ME KNOW!

I have one. I love it. The case is actually 10 times better than the iPhone one. Charges just like a wall charger, very fast

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

It does support wireless charging I didn't know the duracell mat was supported though

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Awesome might be getting it for Christmas does the case add bulk?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by bcbbanga4l View Post
    Awesome might be getting it for Christmas does the case add bulk?

Not at all. Very slim and adds a nice touch to it, especially since it's white and my phone is white. I've dropped it a couple times and no damage so it actually provides some protection too

That's awesome does it interfere with nfc?

I saw this in the newspaper last week and thought this looks hot! I guess I have to purchase the case for the S3 separate though right? The power mat alone was a hundred bucks. Anyone with it know how much the case is?

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Quote Originally Posted by bcbbanga4l View Post
    That's awesome does it interfere with nfc?

Nope. Tried it out with some beaming with my dad's GSIII and all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    I saw this in the newspaper last week and thought this looks hot! I guess I have to purchase the case for the S3 separate though right? The power mat alone was a hundred bucks. Anyone with it know how much the case is?

It's all included. Case and powermat plus backup battery. At least where I work its included for the $100 lol

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRanz View Post
    It's all included. Case and powermat plus backup battery. At least where I work its included for the $100 lol

Sheeeeit where u work at? Maybe I can buy online?

I have to charge my SIII so seldom I just don't see much value in it. Saving a $100+ in exchange for plugging the phone in once or twice a day seems a decent trade-off to me.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I have to charge my SIII so seldom I just don't see much value in it. Saving a $100+ in exchange for plugging the phone in once or twice a day seems a decent trade-off to me.
    Good point but it just looks cool lol. You won't have to look for an outlet, just place the phone on the powermat and voila! Some people use their phone a lot and need to charge more than once or twice a day. If I had unlimited data, my battery would've waved the white flag and surrendered already ROTFL.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRanz View Post
    Not at all. Very slim and adds a nice touch to it, especially since it's white and my phone is white. I've dropped it a couple times and no damage so it actually provides some protection too
    Just wondering if you actually put the stock case and the one that came with the Powermat side-by-side and compared them?
    Are they Exactly the same dimensions or is the Powermat case a little bit thicker?

When Verizon released their back cover for the S3 that supports wireless charging, I found that their case "looked" the same but was just slightly more bulky.
    The added bulk of the wireless charging case was just enough to make it not fit inside an Otterbox Defender case.
    If the Powermat case it an exact duplicate of the stock S3 case then I know a few S3 owners with Defender cases that will be buying a Powermat system.

Also wondering when Samsung will start selling their wireless charging solution. It has been about SEVEN MONTHS since they introduced the idea but, as yet, have FAILED to get it to market.

Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    Good point but it just looks cool lol. You won't have to look for an outlet, just place the phone on the powermat and voila!
    Well no, not really. If you're carrying a charger around with you, whether the Powermat or a regular charger, you still have to find a place to plug it in. The Powermat only saves you that step if you leave it plugged in in one location. I have USB chargers everywhere I normally spend time, so all I have to do is plug in the micro USB connector. Hardly a difficult or challenging activity.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Well no, not really. If you're carrying a charger around with you, whether the Powermat or a regular charger, you still have to find a place to plug it in. The Powermat only saves you that step if you leave it plugged in in one location. I have USB chargers everywhere I normally spend time, so all I have to do is plug in the micro USB connector. Hardly a difficult or challenging activity.
    I was actually referring to being at home or in an office and leaving it plugged in in one place. If I purchase a powermat, I'm not gonna be carrying it around. For all that effort I could just carry the wall charger in my pocket. That would be silly to walk around with a powermat and still have to look for an outlet to plug it into. Please give me a lil more credit next time please and thanks. I'm not that slow
    Last edited by makaroni; 12-16-2012 at 07:55 PM.

I understand. But you said "you don't have to look for an outlet." That's true for any charger that you leave in one place, not just the Powermat. So give me a little credit, and carefully think about what I was responding to.

All the Powermat saves you is plugging the micro USB connector in. I'd have to be plugging that thing in 50 times a day to make me even consider spending $100+ to avoid it.

To each his own, though. if it floats your boat, and you've got the cash, go for it.

Retired Ambassador

I understand. But you said "you don't have to look for an outlet." That's true for any charger that you leave in one place, not just the Powermat. So give me a little credit, and carefully think about what I was responding to.

All the Powermat saves you is plugging the micro USB connector in. I'd have to be plugging that thing in 50 times a day to make me even consider spending $100+ to avoid it.

To each his own, though. if it floats your boat, and you've got the cash, go for it.
    I use a power bank to charge my phone. I can charge my phone almost 3 times off a single charge. It also charged my phone in almost half the time a wall charge does.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

So got the powermat system for Christmas... And as advertised it does what you would think... Charges as quickly as an electrical outlet.... The case is slightly bulky... a little longer.... maybe compared to my commuter case and I'm pretty sure it only comes in white... Overall great product... So far

Quote Originally Posted by dbrides View Post
    So got the powermat system for Christmas... And as advertised it does what you would think... Charges as quickly as an electrical outlet.... The case is slightly bulky... a little longer.... maybe compared to my commuter case and I'm pretty sure it only comes in white... Overall great product... So far

Thanks for the input. I was waiting to hear something good b4 I purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrides View Post

Seems like a great many accessories cater to the white GS3 crowd... us blue GS3ers feel a little left out.
    Gator352 likes this.

If I knew my otterbox defender case would fit over the powermat back, the back could have "hello kitty emblem" for all I care. But I'm going to doubt it fits. My phone needs to have ultmate protection formy line of work cause there have been times my phone goes flying when I get out of my Mack.....
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

So not even a month later and have to report that my Duracell case randomly stopped working... I put it on the pad and nothing happens... Anyone who has the case have the same problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast